Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by mtnwrench
    I cant get into any Gen II systems with my current laptop, xp. Have to keep around an old slow piece of junk with win95 on it to get into them. I dont even bother with the laptop much anymore. You can see everything from the main stat and bypass controller. Good luck on that laptop.
    One of the office building I have been asked to do some work in has two complete sets of Gen II. One I have already rebuilt cause the tenants upstairs let their water heater leak until it burst which poured water into the unit downstair right on top of the slave stat and damper modules!

But the West unit will not respond to any changes in setting so the tenants have been held captive for years. The only response I can give the owner is someone locked out the programming which can only be done using a computer, to my knowledge. So for 3 months now I have been attempting to gain access to this system to see what is up.

But I'll just bet, and hope not, that someone along the line put in a password! The owner totally understands what is going on and has commented he has had these types of unnecessary and expensive problems before.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

ah ha are we talking about carrier? sheet ah I forgot its been so long master monitor slave bypass etc?

I'm wondering if you could load a 98 upgrade disc over top with out having to dick around with win 95 (you would need an original win 95 disc to complete this I believe
    I am not sure if win 98 would run the carrier program though
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Originally posted by The Penguin
    ah ha are we talking about carrier? sheet ah I forgot its been so long master monitor slave bypass etc?

I'm wondering if you could load a 98 upgrade disc over top with out having to dick around with win 95 (you would need an original win 95 disc to complete this I believe
    I am not sure if win 98 would run the carrier program though
    My Carrier Factory Contact says Window 98 is too unstable and Win 95 is the program to use.

I'm sittin here on a friday night with my right hand on the mouse looking at this site and my left hand pushing the enter key on this Compaq cause Scandisk says I have a ton of broken, corrupted, etc directoris so it's suppose to fix it.

I think whoever owned this computer did things they wern't suppose too. Funny thing is I have installed Windows 98 twice and it tell me so but when I reboot sometimes I get Windows 95. So someone must have installed two OS systems.

Stupid thing about me is I already have two old laptops with Windows 95 on them. But you know what you gotta do when something doesn't work. Yep, you got to fix it.

this thing still may see the bottom of my front tire yet. But its' a clean little computer that, if I can get it running, I'll just give it to someone who can use it.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12