Angry

Ever have one of those days where you just wanted to start over again..

1) Frozen up -Be back later
    2) Drive to Condo in see sign says enter/gate closed call office , go to the gate, I am there now, I went to other gates they were locked. So back out drive,go down to exit customer standing there. Drive to rear of complex, low carports can't park,carry bag to front meet homeowner, upstairs on the roof, so back to truck 40 ft. to roof, so I carry 38ft fiberglass 4 building down and 2 building in and it won't reach roof, ok the steps up half way and it will reach , over the top and another 4 ft wall to condensers..1980 Day-Night hail damaged , dirty, bad contactor and low on refrigerant..Make repairs and collect and off to next call, drive across town to wait for homeowner and she called the office and stated she couldn't make it, I there already waiting for her..She was called before I started over there.Oh well. Nexted call 30 miles away and get to home, notice caps off unit and all the screws are on disconnect and its off, go inside ask homeowner who has worked on unit, no one, I said then you have been vandelized, Oh I had a friend of mine that knows a/c look at it but, I want AHS to fix it.. I look at evaporator clogged up ;drain pan rusted through, blower stopped up, nope lack of maintenance, denied by AHS , she slammed the door before I got out of it good..Back to first call to find bad capacitor, low on refrigerant leaking service valves, and motor was replaced 3/26/2006 and this wasn't found something ain't right..NO Money for repairs in march, so charge,cap,clean and gone..People always want us to fix it , but they don't have the money to do what needs to be done to do it right.

I think that maybe I would like a do-over, like we had when we were kids...LOL

Have a great day guy's; mines finally over..
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Originally posted by aircooled53
    [1980 Day-Night hail damaged , dirty, bad contactor and low on refrigerant..Make repairs and collect and off to next call] [/B]

I would have fired you for fixing that POS. Did you even offer replacement?

26 yrs old.
    Leaking.
    Electical parts failing.
    Hail Damaged.

When do you say "Times up, you aught to replace" if not in this situation?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by spotts

When do you say "Times up, you aught to replace" if not in this situation?
    When the equipment is 40 years old with a bad compressor.

After another $3,000 in repairs.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by spotts
    Originally posted by aircooled53
    [1980 Day-Night hail damaged , dirty, bad contactor and low on refrigerant..Make repairs and collect and off to next call]

26 yrs old.
    Leaking.
    Electical parts failing.
    Hail Damaged.

When do you say "Times up, you aught to replace" if not in this situation? [/B]
    I quoted him a replacement unit for the condo, but he stated I'm getting ready to sell it and don't want to put anymore money into it...
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Well then I am very sorry. I saw the ["Make repairs and collect and off to next call,] and thought........ nevermind. Good job on a bad day....
    Walter Matthau

hell. why are you complaining, it could have been a monday!
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

In our company we don't use monkeys to do installation work. Mainly because our installs are one of a kind. And 70% of the installs are in occupied buildings. Meaning that the installers have to be polite, knowledgeable and understanding.

So our installers are also technicans. And on occasion our service techs will help on installation. All share on call.

The problem is that the service techs don't know when to throw in the towel. On the other hand the install techs condemn too soon.

If a resi unit is 10 yrs. old or older and has a bad compressor. You and the customer are better served by replacing the condensing unit. If no 10 SEER is available then you have to replace the indoor and outdoor unit.

If XYZ said to the customer I will replace the compressor, then let him. Believe me you will be ahead of the game.

The only do overs I get are called Mullingans

sales reps are NOT I repeat NOT allowed mulligans -its in the golfing rules
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

thanks for another reminder of why I don't want to go back to residential.
    R2B4BTU

Angry Really~!@#$%^&*~

It just keeps getting better, I changed call duty and took a guy's call duty so he could do something that weekend, and he took mine the nexted weekend.Well he was supposed to fall back into line and and I won't have it until 14th , but he got let go so installer moved into his postion. I asked after he was let go would this effect call duty no, the installer/technician would have it..

Well, 4:40pm Friday afternoon I get a call that he has something to do and I am on call, ~!@#$%^&*....

If I can't have a do-over/mulligan; then is anyone wanting to take call duty ...LOL

Saturday morning, up and 5 calls set already..
    \\Later guy's...//

Originally posted by benncool

If XYZ said to the customer I will replace the compressor, then let him. Believe me you will be ahead of the game. [/B]

I only replace warranty compressors. I don't sell replacement compressors.
    Walter Matthau