Resturant customer calls up. Needs air conditioning. He took over the place a 2 years ago. From the description it sounded like one I estimated for the previous owners a few years back.

I say to the guy," I quoted this job a few years back. I could probably use my old engineering if nothing has changed." He said, "Oh yes it has changed all I need is the outdoor thing." " I had XYZ Sheet Metal put in an air handler and ducting. Now he saids because of government regulations he can't get a condensing unit."

Hmmmmm. I know the owner of XYZ Sheet Metal. So I call him up. Bud what's up with this restuarant guy. Come to find out he stiff him 6 grand for the work he already did.

The restaurant guy called and wanted to know why I didn't keep my appointment yesterday.

I sent him a note saying that since we talked I got some big jobs and I can not take on any more work at this time.

I also sent a copy to Bud at XYZ, just to make his day.

I like it! He'll keep dialing though. He'll find someone else to stiff.

I'm very friendly with 2 or 3 other small shops in my area. We regularly share info and help each other out. The great part is that if someone stiffs one of us, he doesn't have a chance to stiff the other 2 or 3. Working with my competitors has worked out much better than beating each other up.

Thats wonderful!! we gots to stick together.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

great story...........

I thought you gave up on restaurant work.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

One of the great things about living in a town of 140,000 is all the HVACR guys know each other... Only the city guys coming up here to snatch work get ripped like that.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

R2B4BTU

Good one bennie, your friend should have this guy cater a large event through a third party. Then when the bill comes, pay him with that old invoice.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

It really is a shame that you cant post stuff like that on a billboard or in the newspaper like they do arrests

stiffing someone for 6G's should be a felony

Just be careful, blacklisting is illegal.
    R2B4BTU