Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes

Keep it Simple

I love technology & I'm all about new ideas. But, to this day, I'm struggling with the mag bearing concept.

Power failures are a fact of life. A well oiled machine can handle the occasional coast down without an oil pump. I even have some older machines that have a coast down reservoir for times the oil pump is off due to a power failure.

Also, the electronics on some of these sophisticated machines can break the bank when the repairs come due.

I know I'm partial on this, but, I just don't see how you can beat a simple machine, with a simple control package & a simple oil circuit.
    All my leon freaked out!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chiller mekanik View Post
    I love technology & I'm all about new ideas. But, to this day, I'm struggling with the mag bearing concept.

Power failures are a fact of life. A well oiled machine can handle the occasional coast down without an oil pump. I even have some older machines that have a coast down reservoir for times the oil pump is off due to a power failure.

Also, the electronics on some of these sophisticated machines can break the bank when the repairs come due.

I know I'm partial on this, but, I just don't see how you can beat a simple machine, with a simple control package & a simple oil circuit.
    I agree. If there's one thing holding this technology back, it's the sophisticated and cumbersome controls required to make it work.
    The key to happiness is lower expectations.

Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123