Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Keep it Simple

I love technology & I'm all about new ideas. But, to this day, I'm struggling with the mag bearing concept.

Power failures are a fact of life. A well oiled machine can handle the occasional coast down without an oil pump. I even have some older machines that have a coast down reservoir for times the oil pump is off due to a power failure.

Also, the electronics on some of these sophisticated machines can break the bank when the repairs come due.

I know I'm partial on this, but, I just don't see how you can beat a simple machine, with a simple control package & a simple oil circuit.
    All my leon freaked out!

Quote Originally Posted by chiller mekanik View Post
    I love technology & I'm all about new ideas. But, to this day, I'm struggling with the mag bearing concept.

Power failures are a fact of life. A well oiled machine can handle the occasional coast down without an oil pump. I even have some older machines that have a coast down reservoir for times the oil pump is off due to a power failure.

Also, the electronics on some of these sophisticated machines can break the bank when the repairs come due.

I know I'm partial on this, but, I just don't see how you can beat a simple machine, with a simple control package & a simple oil circuit.
    I agree. If there's one thing holding this technology back, it's the sophisticated and cumbersome controls required to make it work.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123