Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Will the Supreme Court declare Obama Care unconstitutional?

Soon the Supreme Court will release their decision. What will they in your opinion decide?

I think they will declare much of it as unconstitional. I sure hope so.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Hopefully unconstitutional or I may not have it if the price continues to rise.
    It could go either way.

Most businesses will be forced to stop carrying it due to cost well before most of it goes active. Anyone that thinks that the democrats didn't calculate how the insurance companies would react and what the repercussions for most business and insurance company relations would be, are naive. Look at all of the businesses and unions that have applied for waivers.

^ posted from my wife's hospital room after a close call life threatening operation today thankfully that my insurance will be paying for. Nice thing is that she was able to have the operation without faceless bureaucrats judging whether or not she was worthy of having it done. The doctors made the calls. And all of her operations have been life or death necessary.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

why should the Supreme Court shoot it down?

the Democrats are running the guy who passd it, and the Republicans are running the guy who implemented it on state level.
    the oppsition to the bill was gone with the selection of Romney.

i think, if they have trouble they'll say that you can post a bond instead of buying insurance, then when everyone goes back to sleep they'll stop the bonds,

just like they did when they unconstitutionally forced everyone to buy car insurance.

they are only ruling on the mandate part of Obamacare
    “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” ~ Sir Isaac Newton

I'm learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma!!!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

So if the individual mandate is struck down as unconstitutional will the Heritage Foundation fess up to their mistake? They were the first to propose it.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Yep! The mandate is out and with that the rest of the house of cards will fold in on itself.

Hard working people everywhere are counting on it........(to be defeated, that is....)
    If the justices have any constitutional knowledge at all, it has to be.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    So if the individual mandate is struck down as unconstitutional will the Heritage Foundation fess up to their mistake? They were the first to propose it.
    That's just silly spin from the Washington Post and Chris Matthews at PMSNBC.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/06/...acare-mandate/

What they proposed was more along the lines of the auto insurance liability you must purchase to protect others, if you choose to drive. Still don't like the idea but at least you get more of the full truth rather than Chrissie Matthews take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Woefully innaccurate.

I would highly suggest educating yourself.

Step 1: Google Alain C. Enthoven who first proposed the idea of insurance exchange about 30 years ago.

Step 2: Actually read the Heritage proposal and bounce it against Obama care. Heritage did propose an exchange program based on FREE MARKETS, not government intervention.

Parroting equally uninformed liberal pundits will not serve you well with regards to this matter.
    Last edited by scrogdog; 05-23-2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typo
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCTRL View Post
    That's just silly spin from the Washington Post and Chris Matthews at PMSNBC.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/06/...acare-mandate/

What they proposed was more along the lines of the auto insurance liability you must purchase to protect others, if you choose to drive. Still don't like the idea but at least you get more of the full truth rather than Chrissie Matthews take on it.
    The individual mandate is just that, a mandate that requires the purchase of insurance. Your own source admits his proposal requires the purchase of insurance. In other words, an individual mandate.

Hilarious how a conservative proposal becomes toxic when proposed by a Dem.

Equally hilarious is the desperate denial of your own proposal.

Most hilarious is using the guy who made the proposal as a rebuttal source of his own proposal.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Woefully innaccurate.

I would highly suggest educating yourself.

Step 1: Google Alain C. Enthoven who first proposed the idea of insurance exchange about 30 years ago.

Step 2: Actually read the Heritage proposal and bounce it against Obama care. Heritage did propose an exchange program based on FREE MARKETS, not government intervention.

Parroting equally uninformed liberal pundits will not serve you well with regards to this matter.
    I want freakin' links!!!!!!!!!!

You are worse than that geer guy.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Heritage did not propose Obamacare. they wanted personal responsibility, not a govt controlled system.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    The individual mandate is just that, a mandate that requires the purchase of insurance. Your own source admits his proposal requires the purchase of insurance. In other words, an individual mandate.

Hilarious how a conservative proposal becomes toxic when proposed by a Dem.

Equally hilarious is the desperate denial of your own proposal.

Most hilarious is using the guy who made the proposal as a rebuttal source of his own proposal.
    Did you read my post? I said I still did not like it but at least it removes the spin...

Here is what I said, "Still don't like the idea but at least you get more of the full truth rather than Chrissie Matthews take on it".

DUH!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast