+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diagnostic bag pics

Post Likes

diagnostic bag pics

need to get a diagnostic bag together. what do you use. my veto is alot to carry everywhere i go.

Post Likes
    I use the Veto TP3 when I first arrive, then if thats not enough I grab the bigger Veto.

http://www.vetopropac.com/products/model-tp3.html

Post Likes
    I have my specialty tools in pouches. Every day tools i use A Bucket Buddy. It gives me a place to sit while I work.

Post Likes
    I used to be a die-hard Veto guy.

Then I tried this bag out:
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cii%5f13736960

Best tool bag i've owned so far, more organized storage than you can shake a stick at. And the zippers haven't failed me yet which I can't say about any of the Veto bags i've had over the years.

Post Likes
    man, u guys are gonna blow a disc in your lower back...my bucket is heavy enough...but what you guys carry in those bags is just asking for back trouble later on.

Post Likes
    Last edited by glw1982; 05-23-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Post Likes
    Eaallred,

It is interesting that you say that. I bought that very bag last week and so far I haven't been impressed with it. I know that it can take a while to get the arrangment worked out, so I will stick with this bag for a least another month. Maybe it will grow on me by then. One question, do you use the shoulder strap that came with it ?

Rick

Post Likes
    My diagnostic tool bag is my back pocket. I clip a hook on my belt for my drill & meter. My veto doesn't even have much stuff compared to some & weighs a ton

Post Likes
    I just bought a Craftsman electricians bag because my LC is too heavy to tote all the time.

The TP3 looks interesting. Looks like it stands up too!!

Someone here posted about a CLC(?) bag they bought at JS and made a cpvc stand setup.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by va-sawyer View Post
    Eaallred,

It is interesting that you say that. I bought that very bag last week and so far I haven't been impressed with it. I know that it can take a while to get the arrangment worked out, so I will stick with this bag for a least another month. Maybe it will grow on me by then. One question, do you use the shoulder strap that came with it ?

Rick
    I use the shoulder strap. It did take a bit to finally get it all squared away how I like it. It's dialed in pretty good now and I love it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaallred View Post
    I used to be a die-hard Veto guy.

Then I tried this bag out:
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cii%5f13736960

Best tool bag i've owned so far, more organized storage than you can shake a stick at. And the zippers haven't failed me yet which I can't say about any of the Veto bags i've had over the years.
    I use a Husky too. Similar to yours but doesnt have the fold out side. Good bag and inexpensive.

Post Likes

TP3

THE VETO TP3 ALMOST LOOKS TO SMALL IM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING I CAN HOLD LIKE METER,PLIERS WRENCH AND A FEW BASICS TO COMPLETE A BASIC REFER CALL

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    THE VETO TP3 ALMOST LOOKS TO SMALL IM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING I CAN HOLD LIKE METER,PLIERS WRENCH AND A FEW BASICS TO COMPLETE A BASIC REFER CALL

i have the mb one, the zip up one, i do refer work and and get anything ill need to fit in it.

fieldpiece hs 36
    11 in 1
    refer wrench for opening king valves
    small knipex adj. pliers
    elec. tape
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Post Likes
    Eyes and ears first, and then I go straight for the Veto LC. Unless the job is downtown, most of the time I'm parked within 50' of where I'm working, so it's not really as big of a deal as if I was doing mall rooftops.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I just bought a Craftsman electricians bag because my LC is too heavy to tote all the time.

The TP3 looks interesting. Looks like it stands up too!!

Someone here posted about a CLC(?) bag they bought at JS and made a cpvc stand setup.
    TP3 and CLC bag are too small . I am still looking for the perfect diagnostic bag . I need a bag that can hold the basic tools for all the basic repair . On the major repairs I will bring out the Lc .Wish Veto will make a bag little small then the Lc

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy eye View Post
    TP3 and CLC bag are too small . I am still looking for the perfect diagnostic bag . I need a bag that can hold the basic tools for all the basic repair . On the major repairs I will bring out the Lc .Wish Veto will make a bag little small then the Lc
    too small, what are you wanting to carry?

the Craftsman bag I got seems to be okay. only used it a couple days, but so far so good.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    Wimps!

I carry my Veto XL everywhere.

Ok, to be honest, it is a bit heavy, so I've been looking at downsizing a little to a Veto LC-Tech and setting my XL up as an install bag.

On another note, I figured out what "fails" on the Veto zippers, and how to fix it so the zipper works like new.
    The repair takes less than 30 seconds!
    I'll make a thread and post a couple of pictures this weekend.

Post Likes
    SOB, tonight I was going to post a picture of how to fix the Veto bags zipper when it isn't closing right, but on my last call today one of my zippers flat out broke!

2 year old bag, still in great shape, except now the tooth part of one of the zippers is broken, and it isn't even on the side I've done the repair to the slider on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    SOB, tonight I was going to post a picture of how to fix the Veto bags zipper when it isn't closing right, but on my last call today one of my zippers flat out broke!

2 year old bag, still in great shape, except now the tooth part of one of the zippers is broken, and it isn't even on the side I've done the repair to the slider on.
    Isn't there a 5 year warranty on the zipper?
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Post Likes
    5 year warranty.

just used their warranty process and it was as described, zero downtime.

the zipper on one side became unstiched from the bag.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in