Best vacuum rated hoses?

Anyone ever compared the Appion hoses to Yellow Jacket heavy duty hoses? I am trying to put together a good vacuum set-up and I want the best quality hoses for the task.

Post Yellow Jacket Flexible Steel Hoses!

Yellow Jacket Flexible Steel Hoses!

Order the length and diameter you want, then treat them with care and don't loan them out. Most of the times I've loaned mine, even to those I thought would show respect for them, I've been disappointed with the way they were treated.

Get the adapters you want when you get the hoses. I prefer not to even use any type of manifold for pulling a vacuum. With residential or small commercial type units, I use a 1/4" ball valve (or core removal tool) on both of the unit 1/4" access fittings, then a 1/4" x 3/8" adapter to each of my 3/8" hoses. I connect the 3/8" steel hoses directly to the vacuum pump.

After you finish the evacuation, just close the ball valves you have on the end of the hoses at the unit, and you're ready to hook up your manifold set to charge the system.

You'll be amazed with the results. If you prefer, first try a test using soft copper tubing instead of "rubber" hoses and a manifold set. The flexible steel hoses will give the same result, without the work hardening you will eventually see in the flared copper tubing that will eventually break at the flare nut where you connect it to your vacuum pump.
    I'm still learning this trade.

Get Appion...they are the best...you won't regret it!!

Most hose is GY5 Goodyear hose, so the hose across the board is the same. Appion does have good fittings and gaskets, they test their hoses and core tools and we have had no issues with them. As far as designed for vacuum, you cannot go wrong with Appion,

I put together this information on vacuum earlier this week. It may help you with assembling your tools.

http://www.trutechtools.com/Vacuum-Training_c_1100.html
    JLB,

Jim,

I read the article and found it pretty good overall. It does need to be reviewed by a good proof reader. There are a few missing words and a few doubles as well.

In the section about checking the vac pump, I think you may want to check the sentence about drying a wet pump.

In the section about breaking the last pull down with refer, it mentions getting a HI-P reading of 760,000 microns ( above atmospheric ). Please note that the BluVac reads HI-P at 25,000 microns and the system is still in suction. Not a good time to remove hoses. I think it is better to use the side port of the VCRT not connected to the Micron guage, and connect a manifold hose there, so you can read a true positive pressure.

There are a few other things I noticed, but don't want to explain here. I tried to put these comments in the feedback attached to the article, but couldn't figure out how. Sorry about putting this out for all the public to read, but I thought you should be aware.

Rick

Rick,
    Thanks for the feedback, I found the one typo, any other feedback is appreciated. I would be glad to discuss any other input you have. If you click on my name in this post then view my profile, you will see my personal email address. You can contact me there.

BTW, it is OK to post those types of comments publicly, like everyone else I do make mistakes.

Thanks
    Jim
    JLB,