Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
Sorry this issue has me really steaming, going through the same crap…..

Your original post had me thinking York/JCI garbage. I have several of these RTUs that have always been a total PITA. Several calls to tech support, none of which fruitful in resolving any of the problems. This was after 20-40 minutes of holding of course.

I gave up, we simply do not figure a week of time on a project to try and get them out to fix their trash, nor should we have to. I absolutely HATE integrating their stuff, it almost always turns into gigantic cluster fack.

I'm going round and round with an owner currently on one of their large RTUs that does not have the slink. All I'm doing is passing setpoints, and reading values.

Customer wants OA damper position. Pull it in, it’s labeled OA damper position in their interface & IOM. Customer "Why the (*@#$ is the damper position 0% when its at min position (not closed)?". Because that's what your pile of @*&# unit is telling me!!!

And this goes on, and on, and on, down the points list. Should have been a good project, now with all the meetings, letters, calls defending myself the project is totally tanked.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN AND JUST MAYBE IF WE ALL WISH IT TOGETHER THE PLANET WILL BE PURGED OF THIS GARBAGE....
It doesn't look like it's even isolated to their S-Link (Protocessor) either. Was trying to get 3 YORK water cooled chillers to talk BACnet. It showed in the IOM to be "Auto-Baud" selecting (WTF?) The York start up tech came out and I told him my troubles and was told "Good luck with that, our controls tech's have a heck of a time with that also..." Holy $h1T! JCI/York can't even intergrate BACnet with their own stuff?!? That was after screwing with them on and off for three days. I gave up and set them all to Modbus and they haven't missed a beat since. Maybe York/JCI just can't get BACnet figured out. I dunno, but I know they are the worst at interfacing with.