+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York YT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Talking York YT

Having a problem with Display on Control Panel 031-00954 Display was dead -Old display was Babcock VF-140-04 Replaced with 031-03277-000 Power up unit and Looping selftest. Replaced the uboard and same problem. Any thoughts

Post Likes
    Those single line displays can sometimes cause one fits. I had a couple that proved to be problematic over the years. The probelm was usually one of two things. The connection on the right side of the display that gives the board it's 5 VDC power could be the problem. Make sure you have voltage coming from the power supply board. Second thing I usd to find is that the display pins would come out of the sockets just enough to cause the display to extinguish. Since you replaced the display, I don't think that should be your problem.

What's the uboard? Microboard?

Post Likes
    Yes u board is Micro Board. Will check the 5V
    Thank you

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Was reading about a reset signal to get out of the looping Self test. Is that the 5v feed from the power supply

Post Likes
    You may have a shorted transducer or thermistor causing your problem. Eliminate them one at a time to determine if that's what it may be.

Post Likes
    Never understood this completely, but I had a flow switch that was filled with water in the electrical box, didn't blow any fuses but caused the same issue with a blank screen..... partially grounded the micro just enough to cause the issue but not blow the fuse????

Post Likes
    verify that you have 5vdc the display, if correct replace the ribbon cable

Post Likes
    Had 6 v yesterday today we powered up the panel and the display brd fried. There is 14v there today

Post Likes
    I send you this information I hope will help

Post Likes
    Replaced Power brd - voltages are now correct - replaced Display brd that he power board fried., Front Panle not all the keys working un unable to get anything by pressing Display selections. Installed original process brd - diaplay keys not working bur Service Keys are not., Ran diag #3 for key pad. Service buttons not working - then they started working. Receiving XXX's for readings when holding down the Display Data key

Post Likes
    The keypad has a small cushion of air under each character. If that air is lost the keypad stops functioning. I think you'll need to replace the keypad.

Post Likes
    When pressing and holding the display data key, does it scroll through the five or six lines of information? Try this. Press the display hold key and release. Press the display data key and release. Values? Press the display data key again until it scrolls to next line. Values? Continue. Can you scroll through all the functions, but get XXX for values or can you not scroll through all the data lines.

Post Likes
    Ended up we had 2 bad micro processor boards. Replaced with another brd from York today and everything looking good. Thanks for everyone's input

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in