Hi Everyone,

Wonder if anyone can help me. Just bought a home recently with a lifebreath HRV unit. Cleaned it last night per instructions.

Here is the question...how do you know the unit is working properly? I opened it up and flicked the switch at the top and the fan motors aren't moving. Should the unit be constantly running and pushing air? BTW it is a manually controlled unit and not hooked up to the thermostat.

Grateful for any thoughts,

On the right hand side (Depends on model) there should be a knob/dial that you can set for comfort. Most likley it's in summer mode, and summer mode the unit may not be running lot of the time. And there may be a cover has LED light that flashes. What is it flashing at?

Thanks for the reply. There's a yellow light on for the number 2 fan setting. Also a green light that is on, which I understand is the power.

Oh by the way it's a Lifebreath 150 max.

How would I turn the summer mode off? Also does should the unit only be kicking in when the humidity reaches a certain point? I have it set between 40 adn 50 %.

Cheers!

I can't find the owner's manual on line, just install.

Call or e mail life breath and see if they can send you a owner's manual

http://www.lifebreath.com/life.htm

In the summer I advise turn the dial to summer (Unless your's don't say that?) then in the winter set it around 40%.

I don't know this model, but my parents you can program to have the fan run diffrent mode and speed. I have thier set up to cycle fan 40/20 at low, fan at med on control demand. and high with timer on in bathrooms and laundry room.