I like this site - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Sorry, I was referring to the front page. I didn't do a step by step review of the whole site.

But that just further showcases my point. 4 Romney flips of various degrees on the front page. Zero Obama flips.

Now, for your next assignment, how many "mostly false", "false" or "pants on fire lies" are attributed to conservatives and how many are attributed to liberals on the front page?

Don't worry. I do not believe you will see the plainly obvious even after that.
    I see what you are saying, and you are right.

It's wrong of that site to have only those views on the cover...but how do we know those aren't randomly generated each day?

No wonder this country is a mess if people are not willing to delv past the cover of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I see what you are saying, and you are right.

It's wrong of that site to have only those views on the cover...but how do we know those aren't randomly generated each day?

No wonder this country is a mess if people are not willing to delv past the cover of everything.
    I think it is human nature to judge books by their covers as it were but that's not it in this case. Instead when a site proclaims truth you expect it to rightly not be a one sided affair.

That would be like saying that Foxnews is fair and balanced just because they proclaim themselves as such.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    I think it is human nature to judge books by their covers as it were but that's not it in this case. Instead when a site proclaims truth you expect it to rightly not be a one sided affair.

That would be like saying that Foxnews is fair and balanced just because they proclaim themselves as such.
    I agree with you.

The views on the front cover are randomly generated though, I just reloaded the site and this was the first view expressed.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...mney-would-re/

A clear thinking person with principles they believe in can cut thru the BS like a knife thru butter. Some dope on TV or the net won't make you believe or disbelieve what you already know to be true. ( CW--- Rachael Maddow...likes it, good one, now THAT's funny, I don't care who you are. That's how I judge my sources. )
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I agree with you.

The views on the front cover are randomly generated though, I just reloaded the site and this was the first view expressed.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...mney-would-re/
    Ok, fair enough.

I'll keep an eye on it.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

BTW, is it just me, or is this the slowest loading forum you all visit or what? It sure is for me. ?
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    In the right wingnut mind factual data takes a backseat to ideology.

See the posts #4 and #8 for examples.
    This coming from a person that used the Heritage Foundation as a factual source.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12