Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268

    I like this site

    Although I haven't spent much time on it yet, but so far it's looking good.

    What do you guys think?

    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Although I haven't spent much time on it yet, but so far it's looking good.

    What do you guys think?

    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/
    Are you in Tampa ???

    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Are you in Tampa ???

    Roy
    No sorry...Arkansas here but my mother just moved to Clearwater right outside of Tampa.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    4,970
    liberal slanted site with no credability ........ just like a lot of others.

    and your point ??????

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,598
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    liberal slanted site with no credability ........ just like a lot of others.

    and your point ??????
    Exactly!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,504
    Where's the one where Obama said that if he can't fix the economy in four years he's a one-term president?

    True!
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    liberal slanted site with no credability ........ just like a lot of others.

    and your point ??????
    We all know reality has a liberal bias.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,598
    Doesn't the dyke Rachael Maddow frequent this liberal rag?
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Although I haven't spent much time on it yet, but so far it's looking good.

    What do you guys think?

    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/
    In the right wingnut mind factual data takes a backseat to ideology.

    See the posts #4 and #8 for examples.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    In the right wingnut mind factual data takes a backseat to ideology.

    See the posts #4 and #8 for examples.
    I'm really starting to see that. They probably looked at the first page and made their decision from there. What I like about this site is that they have political views from different states.

    The number #1 name for male babies in Texas is Jose.

    True.

    How long will Texas be a republican state?

    I guess companies hiring all that cheap labor down there will eventually bite them in the butt.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,504
    Hold on there pardner!

    No one said that the facts presented were wrong.

    Surely even liberals can see the flaw in the presentation, however.

    It's as much about what is not shown as what is.

    Not a single Obama flip?

    Yeah, that site is about as unbaised as Hannity.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Hold on there pardner!

    No one said that the facts presented were wrong.

    Surely even liberals can see the flaw in the presentation, however.

    It's as much about what is not shown as what is.

    Not a single Obama flip?

    Yeah, that site is about as unbaised as Hannity.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-gay-marriage/

    How about that one?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,504
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Sorry, I was referring to the front page. I didn't do a step by step review of the whole site.

    But that just further showcases my point. 4 Romney flips of various degrees on the front page. Zero Obama flips.

    Now, for your next assignment, how many "mostly false", "false" or "pants on fire lies" are attributed to conservatives and how many are attributed to liberals on the front page?

    Don't worry. I do not believe you will see the plainly obvious even after that.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event