so how well did the ban on people seting off fireworks do in your area?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking

In my area u can buy almost anything fireworks wise from big stores like Sky King and other such places......but every year the pass some new law banning fire crackers and other fun fire works.....the news papers and tv have police chief from each city promising to "Crack down"..Zero Tollarance...and all that...

Yet this year ...like any other my neighboorhood looks like downtown Bagdad dureing a heavy fire fight

So do you all get the same warnings that are never enforeced????

Welp got to run and set off a few more mortars...
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

I don't understand it. I thought it was against the law here also. Scary these kids running around during a drought with these things that fly away and land in pine trees

It is called civil disobedience, you can’t arrest them all.

In order to understand those kids, you would have had to have been one once. A young heterosexual male with a testosterone buzz…..I mean..
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Damn kids.....when I was their age we had ....well...bottlerockets, snakes, firecrackers, well, I guess it was the same!

My neighborhood is all lit up and popping!!!!!!!!!

I don't even need to buy anything!!!

Happy Independence Day to ALL!!!!!
    R2B4BTU

Big show in my backyard tonight !!

The only difference between now and when I was kid was you could get better stuff 20 years ago.....the real M-80's etc.

The cops put on a big show of force here on July 3RD.....then you couldn't find one on the 4th, their barbequeing and shooting off fireworks like the rest of us.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I'm not sure where there's any bans around here (other than in the city limits). They have been going off for 3-4 days pretty heavy, but last night seemed more than tonight.

I did my part and lit a couple hundred dollars worth of smoke. I had some old smoke bombs (the good kinda professional's use to check duct, HX's or what ever).. But they were duds and didn't do anything :-(

I did manage to burn through a bottle of MAPP though... works way better than a punk!

I did notice this year things are weaker than the good ole days (which aren't too long ago since I'm only 27). Still fun though!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Last year was noisier here in St Paul. It's midnight and there's still a few dummies out there thinking they are celebrating a day they probably can't even spell.

To them it is not a celebration of freedom or anything like that. Oh well, maybe if I had a few hundred to blow I would light up the sky too.

Now my neighbors an idiot. Don't work, on the doll etc just like the rest who live there. So, he set off a bunch of those shooting sparklers that sit on the ground and send up short burst of different colors. Except he tried moving it and it rolled under a car. Luckily it wasn't mine or the oil caked under that old Buick engine would have caught fire for sure. That would have been something.

Well, the owner jumped in and moved it but it was shooting off for almost 15 seconds under there. Like I say he isn't too bright.

And the mess of their beer cans and left over canisters from the fireworks will sit on their boulevard for days or longer. They won't pick them up. The old Moung lady will get the aluminum, I forgot, she comes around in the morning before the recycle truck.

Cops? They took the night off here.

Just got home. Family went to the Virginia Street overpass on hy 87, in San Jose. Had a two hour show before the main show. everything from small bangs large mortors all around us. Great time.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Sure they can spell it, May. July 4. Of course they don't know why they are celebrating. Nobody seems to. In the parade yesterday, we were constantly wished a Happpy 4th. Nobody mentioned Independence Day

And speaking of backyard displays, here's my friend's from last night...

Fountain's are nice, but mortars are where it's at. Nice show,good pics.The mortar in the first pic looks like a high-end one.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Well we got shut down ten minutes in to our show, cops said someone complained about the noise, yet there were fireworks going off in every direction. So we loaded up, went half a mile down the street to another family members house and never had a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast