Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    possible coil restriction or blower failure. another thing i like to do is turn off the blower motor and see if the entire coil freezes. if you had a restriction in a cap tube, that part would not freeze because there is no refrigerant in the circuit. i would check airflow. maybe there is a eddy effect at the bottom of the coil which is restricting airflow and only the top half of the coil is getting flow.

is it cased or uncased? is the coil bigger footprint than furnace?

i remember once we pulled a n coil out of case and installed it in furnace...lol...duh...with out the deflector shield no air flow to slab end of coil.....froze right quick....

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

What is eddy effect?

eddy effect is when air basically spins in a circle with out gpoing anywhere...picture the water flowing under bridge...where the bridge post is...water spins in circles...

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

We have had to put transitions between N coils and furnaces because of high temp limit switch trips and the way the air flows through the coil on certain older furnace models. Problem occured after replacing a leaking superior coil the previou summer then this issue occured. The temp on the right side of the coil was 200* and left side 80*! Air deflecting off the bottom of one of the N plates. Damn eddys!!

What concerns me is the .1 esp at 1050 cfm's. Not too familiar with bryant equipment so is that normal? Any other system I would be looking for something blocking airflow.

Half freeze does suggest needing a deflector shield. Or else increase the length of transition. I've seen the N coil as described above too many times. I would be curious to know if a new coil solved your issue.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

At this point, I think it would be wise to get a look in at the coil while the unit is running. Either a plexiglass opening cut-in somewhere or a flexible viewing camera or something that will let you see the actual changes to the coil as it malfunctions. I'm leaning toward the migrating restriction, like a ball of brazing solder or similar. The flow of refrigerant moves it around and sometimes it blocks things and sometimes it doesn't. I don't see airflow as a real issue as I believe airflow would be a constant, unless the motor is misbehaving. But that should throw a code into the user interface. Yup, I think changing the coil and TXV and filter drier (put the drier indoors at the evap coil per factory instructions too) is the quickest way to put this one to bed.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

As of today, I replaced the indoor coil and txv on air handler. Purged both supply and return refrigerant lines. New bi flow drier at indoor unit. Fingers crossed. I will let y'all know the outcome in the next week. Thanks for all the input.

That's a 2 speed outdoor unit with a variable speed indoor fan, correct?

I lift things up and put them down.

Yes.

How did you come out on this one?

As someone mentioned how the coil sits on the furnace can effect airflow but typically that will show as high temp limit trips.

A blower freeze test would work except for the board would lock out as its a ECM that sends back input to the board, I'm kinda thinking restriction in the coil.

As of current, we have not had any issues sense replacing coil. It must have been a floating restriction in coil. I am happy this case seems to be resolved. Thanks for everyone's input.

you can go to the evolution controller and it will tell you all of the faults that have occured with the unit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12