Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Chiller Tech Union wages

If you are union and a chiller technician, what is your areas wage scale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Not enough!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    general J-man in Oregon is 42ish, no self respecting chiller guy I know is on that, most are foreman or general so 55-60 an hour.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

4. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
    Post Likes
    Same over here , journeyman rates are around 44 but our guys make general Foreman. But it's expensive as F to live in Southern California

6. Likes Temp tech 77 liked this post
    Post Likes
    The market in my area wont support too many full time chillers guy, the chiller work dwindles down after summer then its all heating till March. There are probably 2 or 3 guys in our union doing year around chiller work, as far as the scale goes, the norm is 8% over BTJ for commercial-industrial journeymen chillers or not.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    In my local union. All the journeyman are paid the same. The company will add the additional pay but they are not required too. I know Carrier pay more than the union wage.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by maint_rgh View Post
    In my local union. All the journeyman are paid the same. The company will add the additional pay but they are not required too. I know Carrier pay more than the union wage.
    The union dictates the pay rate like minimum wage for journeymen, contractors go over it in order to attract and retain talent. My local like many others also has lower than BTJ scales for denomination like MES,Tradesmen,light commercial etc. anyone classified as such under the national UA agreement makes a percentage of journeyman wages and the benefit package is not as good.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

10. Likes buttwheat liked this post
    Post Likes
    I know that each Local has its own standard rates, I was just trying to get a feel for how much over scale he chiller techs in each area make. If it's comparable to my company which is based in Orange County, but he cost of living is way cheaper.... it may be time to look else where to live.

Post Likes
    In Baltimore area a chiller mechanic can get $ 2 to $ 5 on average above scale ; however everything is negotiable . It depends on what contracts the contractor has and how bad they want the individual . Also paid holidays and vacations are factored into the equation . Paid holidays and vacation are not part of our agreement ; must negotiate with the contractor .

Post Likes
    An MESServiceman or Serviceman, depending on which National Agreement, should not be performing any overhauls by themselves.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Who said anything about an Mes doing a overhaul??

Post Likes
    What area is this ? MY phone rings constantly ; all the way to San Diego Calif !
    Last edited by CHILLERSVCMAN; 06-17-2017 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added info

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by maint_rgh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    The union dictates the pay rate like minimum wage for journeymen, contractors go over it in order to attract and retain talent. My local like many others also has lower than BTJ scales for denomination like MES,Tradesmen,light commercial etc. anyone classified as such under the national UA agreement makes a percentage of journeyman wages and the benefit package is not as good.
    Where are you guys located? How are wages compared to cost of living? Here in SF, guys who want to work a lot of on call and OT can easily make over 200k. Base wage just went to 70hr but you ain't living anywhere near the work or in a nice house for that. Older guys and guys with family money are doing well if they planned well. The younger guys will never have anything around here and we are losing good guys because of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast