+ Reply to Thread

Thread: True Coca-Cola merchandiser cooler

Post Likes

True Coca-Cola merchandiser cooler

I have a customer who bought a used True GDM-35EM s#5313160 which is a coca cola merchandiser cooler. She didn't buy it from coca cola, she bought it from some guy, so it didnt come with a manual. It works fine, but she wants it colder. I looked at it, and it has an Elstat EMS55 Advanced digital thermostat controller.

I'm looking for information on the controller. It has a password, so I called true to ask about factory default settings- they said call coca cola. Coca cola won't give me any information on it, so I decided to come here..

Any coca cola techs or anyone who has a manual to this controller? I've searched online for a manual but can't find one. All I want to know is the factory default password to access the service menu.

Post Likes
    I will refrain from comments regarding how this cooler was "acquired" from Coke.

This controller is used by Coca-Cola on units made by True, Vendo and Imbera...and possibly more. I assume because of its proprietary nature, none of these manufacturers, including Elstat, will divulge the secret to adjusting it.

The simple answer would be to rip it out and replace it with a conventional constant cut-in temperature control, but you may want to consult your attorney first.

Post Likes
    Worked Coke Service for 8 years never heard of them selling equipment. Liability I was told. Trying stopping a coke service guy most around here will tell you just don't ask for samples most don't think its funny

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I will refrain from comments regarding how this cooler was "acquired" from Coke.
    HAHAHA... funny you say that, after digging into it some, I ended up getting ahold of the coke place here in town, and it turns out some guy who owned a bar that closed down jacked the machine and sold it before Coke could come and get it... Well, the customer who bought it is now out their money and the machine is back in the hands of Coke... What a deal!

Post Likes
    What about all the old machine you see about, you know like antique places, "American Restoration" show and the like
    Saddle Up!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by -80guru View Post
    What about all the old machine you see about, you know like antique places, "American Restoration" show and the like
    they're the ones that escaped.

coke doesn't go after these people because at this point the machines have more value to coke as collectors items in private hands. It helps build brand loyalty.

The reason they don't sell the newer machines is that they don't want non-coke products displayed in a coke cooler.

Post Likes

Talking

Very true,i worked for coke as a service tech,for 13 yrs.Was there only licensed and certified refer tech.here in r.i.they do not sell coolers,they put them in stores and restaurants for their product only.I can sell you the code but then i would have to kill you
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Post Likes
    try 1234

Post Likes
    yeah, tear it out and put a universal t-stat on there. problem solved.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TamarHV View Post
    yeah, tear it out and put a universal t-stat on there. problem solved.
    I think it's a moot point now. If you read the entire thread, you'll se that Coke repo'd the machine so even if you had the code, it wouldnt help the OP.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    wow. coke is a stingy company.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TamarHV View Post
    wow. coke is a stingy company.
    Not at all. Depending on the volume a store, or bar/restaurant does with Coca Cola, I have found in 30 + years of hospitality operations that they are extremely accomodating with regard to free placement of merchandising equipment that would cost an operator a lot of $ to purchase or lease. Just have to be sure that all that "RED" doesn't clash with your decor!

Post Likes
    Strange , on a regular basis see and work on branded drinks coolers , in small locations , school sports clubs etc , with a variety of drinks, food etc , must be a big black market out there . So who,s got the code , not come across the elstat yet

Post Likes
    Remove it and put mechanical T stat on. Fairly simple wires are there for t stat, just need to do a little rewire and ready to go.

Post Likes
    Hi There. Try this manual. The PAS unlock should be the same..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyl4108 View Post
    Hi There. Try this manual. The PAS unlock should be the same..
    Your 7 years to late for the party.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Your 7 years to late for the party.
    Now who's up early?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Now who's up early?
    Hehe, your a good mentor

Post Likes
    Post #57 in the below thread.

There is a Perishable & Non Perishable mode
    Overnight when the controller knows the store is closed it will go into standby setpoint 7-14’C

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...Training/page5
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in