True Coca-Cola merchandiser cooler

I have a customer who bought a used True GDM-35EM s#5313160 which is a coca cola merchandiser cooler. She didn't buy it from coca cola, she bought it from some guy, so it didnt come with a manual. It works fine, but she wants it colder. I looked at it, and it has an Elstat EMS55 Advanced digital thermostat controller.

I'm looking for information on the controller. It has a password, so I called true to ask about factory default settings- they said call coca cola. Coca cola won't give me any information on it, so I decided to come here..

Any coca cola techs or anyone who has a manual to this controller? I've searched online for a manual but can't find one. All I want to know is the factory default password to access the service menu.

I will refrain from comments regarding how this cooler was "acquired" from Coke.

This controller is used by Coca-Cola on units made by True, Vendo and Imbera...and possibly more. I assume because of its proprietary nature, none of these manufacturers, including Elstat, will divulge the secret to adjusting it.

The simple answer would be to rip it out and replace it with a conventional constant cut-in temperature control, but you may want to consult your attorney first.

Worked Coke Service for 8 years never heard of them selling equipment. Liability I was told. Trying stopping a coke service guy most around here will tell you just don't ask for samples most don't think its funny

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I will refrain from comments regarding how this cooler was "acquired" from Coke.
    HAHAHA... funny you say that, after digging into it some, I ended up getting ahold of the coke place here in town, and it turns out some guy who owned a bar that closed down jacked the machine and sold it before Coke could come and get it... Well, the customer who bought it is now out their money and the machine is back in the hands of Coke... What a deal!

What about all the old machine you see about, you know like antique places, "American Restoration" show and the like
    Saddle Up!

Quote Originally Posted by -80guru View Post
    What about all the old machine you see about, you know like antique places, "American Restoration" show and the like
    they're the ones that escaped.

coke doesn't go after these people because at this point the machines have more value to coke as collectors items in private hands. It helps build brand loyalty.

The reason they don't sell the newer machines is that they don't want non-coke products displayed in a coke cooler.

Talking

Very true,i worked for coke as a service tech,for 13 yrs.Was there only licensed and certified refer tech.here in r.i.they do not sell coolers,they put them in stores and restaurants for their product only.I can sell you the code but then i would have to kill you
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

try 1234

yeah, tear it out and put a universal t-stat on there. problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by TamarHV View Post
    yeah, tear it out and put a universal t-stat on there. problem solved.
    I think it's a moot point now. If you read the entire thread, you'll se that Coke repo'd the machine so even if you had the code, it wouldnt help the OP.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

wow. coke is a stingy company.