+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fieldpiece Wireless Digital Multimeter LT17AW

Post Likes

Fieldpiece Wireless Digital Multimeter LT17AW

Anyone having trouble with the the wireless on this meter? Here is a video I did wireless always losses connection.

http://youtu.be/2xWpXviRT64

Post Likes
    has any one had good luck with this meter i am thinking of buying one

Post Likes
    I am looking at buying also. I have used fieldpiece for many years and really like it. I already have some attachments I used on old stick meter so I assume they will work on the wireless.

Post Likes
    i looked in to some more and i like it i got it from http://shop.rdholder.com/Digital-Multi-Meters_c8.htm i got 5% off with the code hvactalk i will let you all know how i like when i get it

Post Likes
    I have this meter and I absolutely love it. I have never had problems with the wireless sync losing connection however the further my meter is from what im trying to read it tends to show no reading. Ex. I give the amp probe head to my helper to check the blower amps and static pressure while im working on the condenser on start up and say from 50 feet away I will never see anything pop up.i walk inside and when I step through the door the reading picks up.

Post Likes
    Well i have used the new meter for a week it took a little bit to work out the wireless and the heads. I have never had a fieldpiece heads before so that took a little getting use to. I like them a lot they make a good meter. I lost the wireless signal a few time but it all worked out.

Post Likes
    That's good to hear mine should be here Monday.

Post Likes
    ok so i have used the meter for a little bit now and when i try to use the amp probe with the wireless i get the no sink and i have to re connect it to the meter is there any fix for the meter or do i have a bad transmitter

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mattt787 View Post
    ok so i have used the meter for a little bit now and when i try to use the amp probe with the wireless i get the no sink and i have to re connect it to the meter is there any fix for the meter or do i have a bad transmitter
    Give us a call and we'll walk you through it just to make sure. If it needs replacement we'll take care of it. Also check the battery. A weak battery may cause a weak signal.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Give us a call and we'll walk you through it just to make sure. If it needs replacement we'll take care of it. Also check the battery. A weak battery may cause a weak signal.
    does that go for all wireless products?

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE A VIDEO ON THE HG3.

just a hint....got a load of new wireless stuff in the last two month (namely almost every wireless device FP offers). A video would be helpful on the HG3 as a reference.

Post Likes
    i just called up they where very helpful i will have to send in the meter and they will send me a new one i like how they help me out i really like the meter so i will really like it more when it is all working right

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    does that go for all wireless products?

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE A VIDEO ON THE HG3.

just a hint....got a load of new wireless stuff in the last two month (namely almost every wireless device FP offers). A video would be helpful on the HG3 as a reference.
    What part are you needing help with? It does so much but all the features won't fit into a youtube video because of time constraints. There are a couple videos on youtube showing you how to sync wirelessly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    What part are you needing help with? It does so much but all the features won't fit into a youtube video because of time constraints. There are a couple videos on youtube showing you how to sync wirelessly.
    After syncing the units,
    I tried to use the k-couple temp head, but it would not register a temp on the HG3. I got an NSG message on the display.

I put it aside for now due to time constraints of running the family business.

Post Likes
    Best to just give us a call and we'll walk you through how to sync it. Here's a video I found showing how to sync it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkD3-tGmq1I

Post Likes
    Thanks Russ.

Well...I did not know you had to sync each one individually. I have to make some time and work with the HG 3 til i get it down

I just ordered the HS3 and am waiting for the SDP2...how long is that gonna take to ship?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in