Pay in Las Vegas

I am new to the feild, about a year. I was wondering if most places pay piece work or is there actually hourly. In my current job in the ineterview I was told it was hourly then when I started found out it wasn't, not very happy about that!

Ive had a few companies pull that on me. They say its hourly at say 15 but what they were actually doing is breaking down a salary pay check into an hourly pay but only at 40 hours. Overtime wasnt included or even paid for. So instead of them saying ill be making $600 a week before taxes and never making a penny more and actually working 45 hours they would say im making $15 and hour and leave it at that.
    I stay away from all those jobs since its just plain bad. Imagine what else they will do to you, there life blood, if they are already screwing with your pay? i actually get my pay and benefits in writing now after the last company did this to me. Youd be surprised how many will not write it down.

Las Vegas Union wage is about $40/Hr. They don't have a Local HVACR agreement, they push everyone over to the NSMA. I think one of the guys in Kansas City said the Local up there does the same thing.
    Las Vegas has a Svc. Tradesman 1 locked at 40% of Svc. Journeyman, this is less than the usual 50%. So remember a company can lock you into Svc. Tradesman 1 for 3-5 years or more. I think anyone doing this in Las Vegas is really selling themselves short.

so who is las vegas is hourly, I only have about year in the field