Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mitsubish Mini-Split

Installed an 18,000 BTU Heat Pump in a 2 Car garage that is used for the "Hang Out". The Customer spent over $1500.00 on L.P. Gas this past winter using a wall heater. Last year their electric bill doubled with a 12,500 window unit. They should pay this back soon. Had to wall mount the outdoor unit because of their dogs.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Nice work!!!
    HOW MUCH DID YOU SAY???

How did you go about making the line size length the factory minimum?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

How much distance in between the unit and wall? What is the min IAW manufactur?

Nice job, is the mount from Mit?

Did you have to adjust the charge for short line set?

STUD

Looks Sharp. I hope the access to the pc boards isn't from the top like Fujitsu.:banghead: or like was said line set min. issue .

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The line set is about 10 ft. I did have to remove a bit of refrigerant. The mount is a Mitsubishi Wall Mount Kit. Everything is accessible. You can Pull the top and work from a 6 or 8 foot ladder with no problem.

In the install instruction the minimum line set length is indicated, should be anyway. The unit just will not work correctly unless the min and max line set lengths are kept. Maybe yours is OK but I would double check anyway.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Nice work!

I just looked in the install manual for both the FE 18 and the GE 18 (not sure which one you have) and couldn't find anything on minimum line length. In all the Mitsubishi training I have been to, I haven't heard of a minimum line length requirement.

We have installed a lot of them with short linesets and no problems. You will notice higher noise levels in heat mode. With a short lineset you will be able to hear the compressor ramping up and down from inside.

Fujitsu requires a minimum of 9 ft lineset, but only for noise concerns not for operation.

Very nice... I use LG, but the wall mount looks pretty much the same. I actually prefer the wall mounts... I think there's less chance of damage or theft when it's mounted over 6 feet up on the wall.

Nice job...we've wound up mounting quite a few up on walls lately, usually at commercial jobs.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Just curious if you guys out there are installing service switches at the indoor units with there ductless splits? I work with a master electrician that insists they must be there. We have been using white or ivory 2p1t switches indoors with old work elec. boxes.

Baha no

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sgagne199 View Post
    Just curious if you guys out there are installing service switches at the indoor units with there ductless splits? I work with a master electrician that insists they must be there. We have been using white or ivory 2p1t switches indoors with old work elec. boxes.
    I have been. Depends on what your local electrical inspector wants according to my experience. All the ones I've talked to said they are suppose to be there plus if the manufacturer calls for one then it should be there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast