Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    We got this above-ground pond on our patio. I built the base, ain't I so proud.

As you may notice, this was taken in the spring, the water was still algae-free and the lawn still was like crap, now the pond is full of fish and the lawn needs a trim weekly.
    R2B4BTU

lawn looks fine ,but you need a haircut.

Originally posted by jacob perkins
    lawn looks fine ,but you need a haircut.
    LOL, I guess I should introduce the Wifey, Robin to those who may not know.
    R2B4BTU

Nice hammock! I'd like one but I could see my lab jumping in it during a good afternoon snooze. I'd probably end up at the hospital.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

We have a 16x34 inground pool. Thats enough water features for me. Oh wait sometimes I sit next to it and suck on a scotch and WATER.

Dice. Spotts and I are on the air conditioning beautification committee of America. Didn't we give you a summons for that attempt at refrigeration piping that you have on your Fu****u?

Maybe you should put your energy into that first, before you create a mud puddle in your back yard.

(you must of known what kind of sound advice you were going to get from us guys.)

Bad idea, Dice.
    That is unless you want to spend hours a week cleaning the filter, installing new plants, removing dead ones, putting in new fish, dipping out dead fish or trying to figure out why the water is not clear anymore. Not to mention trying to keep all that alive in the winter.
    I finally, after several years and untold amount of dollars, filled mine in and planted flowers on top of it.
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

hmmmmmmmmmm...what to do, what to do.
    Maybe just a garden then?

I told my son after he gets married and if he moves back here to have a fam, I would put a pool in the back yard anyway. So, we'll see I guess.
    I may start with a garden and then decide about the water features later.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by glennwith2ns
    http://clearwaterlandscapes.com/water_features.htm

From this site:

"Building a pond and waterfall requires quality components, proper design and technique, and a fair amount of physical labor."

Ah, You sure this project is for you???
    I already checked out that site, oh well.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

My son is a crew chief for a landscaper. Here are Rob's comments. It's best if you have a spot with a little natural grade so the waterfall doesn't look elevated. Wasnt your neighborhood fairly flat???

Then he asked "How many wetbacks can you get your hands on?"

It's alot of work. There are drop in pellets to kill any skeeter larvae.

Make a deep spot so your fish dont winterkill.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I have one that I built and then rebuilt after I learned a few lessons. I love mine but it is a lot of work in the spring time and late fall. I will repeat what has been said on this site many times-HIRE A PRO!, if you can afford it. They have the experience to build one that looks good with minimal maintenance. Mine looks okay but does require more maintenance than it really should. Local water garden clubs can tell you where to find the best stuff and which contractors to use/avoid.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Dice, i bought my wife an air line ticket to pittsburgh,she`s staying at your house for 2 months to supervise the installation of your water thingeee. Thanks for inviting her. Peace & quite for bigbird.

Originally posted by bigbird
    Dice, i bought my wife an air line ticket to pittsburgh,she`s staying at your house for 2 months to supervise the installation of your water thingeee. Thanks for inviting her. Peace & quite for bigbird.
    Will she empty the bucket under my water heater too??
    How can I ever repay you??

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by coordinatesales
    I have one that I built and then rebuilt after I learned a few lessons. I love mine but it is a lot of work in the spring time and late fall. I will repeat what has been said on this site many times-HIRE A PRO!, if you can afford it. They have the experience to build one that looks good with minimal maintenance. Mine looks okay but does require more maintenance than it really should. Local water garden clubs can tell you where to find the best stuff and which contractors to use/avoid.
    I don't need no stinking pro, I is one........
    I could use some kids with shovels though.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast