Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Quite a while ago, I needed a coffee

Originally posted by Collin
    Went to the small Ma&Pa store instead of Starbucks which just opened up across the street. After receiving my coffee, I was embarrased to find out they didn't take interac, and I had no cash on me.
    Lady says "No problem, pay us next time."
    Like the 18 year old kid at Starbucks would have let THAT happen.

WTF is interac??? And couldn't you find $1.29 in your truck seat??? I could.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Best part of local stores

It seems to me that small hardware stores always have the really goofy little fittings and items that Big Boxes never would. I think that as a small hardware business grows, they learn to stock the things that were used and are breaking in houses of the neighborhood around them. The box store might have 50 bajillion 3/4" PVC 90's, but not that goofy little fitting that you need to finish your job.

I appreciate someone hiring my small company, and I know when I buy at a small store, they appreciate my business as well. My local hardware store will cut me a break on prices sometimes because they know I could go somewhere else and get it cheaper but I go to them instead.

I'm trying to quit smoking as of today, so excuse me if I sound a bit irritated.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Or....maybe the big box stores wouldn't have screwed up in the first place.

When that small store folds up because of the incompetent employees, that cashier will go to work for the big box store that will train her how to pay more attention to a customers money.
    Actually RObo I think you are full of shiat on this one with all due respect sir.

I purchased some screws and stuff that you put in a bag and write the code on the bag. ANyway the cashier rang in the wrong code and overcharged me by 20.00 or so I paid then realised what she had done so I try to get the cashier to fix - oh no she couldn't do it I had to go to returns to FIX THE CASHIERS mistake- gets worse I had to do a return cause the computor would not accept a mistake I had to sign a paper saying I was returning something to get the overcharge back what a bullshiat system
    Bigbox stores are not better just different and sometimes a royal pain in the arse too.

Why did I catch the cashiers mistake? you try shopping with small kids and see how you do
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Re: Quite a while ago, I needed a coffee

Originally posted by Collin
    Went to the small Ma&Pa store instead of Starbucks which just opened up across the street. After receiving my coffee, I was embarrased to find out they didn't take interac, and I had no cash on me.
    Lady says "No problem, pay us next time."
    Like the 18 year old kid at Starbucks would have let THAT happen.
    I'll shout you a coffee Collin give me a ring
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Ohhhhhhh, this is just classic

I tossed out a line to tick off Dice and caught a whole net full of easy's

For crying out loud people; I live in an area that makes Hootervilee and Mayberry look like big cities. I love the fact that I can get my fertilizer and beer at the same place and have the young guy at the counter load my purchases in my truck.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I love the fact that I can get my fertilizer and beer at the same place and have the young guy at the counter load my purchases in my truck.

O.K. Gramps..........
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

For crying out loud people; I live in an area that makes Hootervilee and Mayberry look like big cities. I love the fact that I can get my fertilizer and beer at the same place and have the young guy at the counter load my purchases in my truck.

Because he bends way over , Right?

Not that I would know...Right?

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Or....maybe the big box stores wouldn't have screwed up in the first place.

When that small store folds up because of the incompetent employees, that cashier will go to work for the big box store that will train her how to pay more attention to a customers money.
    Who are you kidding. The small store can be friendly and in talking with their customers make mistaskes. The bix box stores pau so low tht they get the employees who can not do numbers or do not care if they enter it right or not.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

I kinda knew that all along but just couldn't stop all the fun we were having....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by The Penguin

I purchased some screws and stuff that you put in a bag and write the code on the bag. ANyway the cashier rang in the wrong code and overcharged me by 20.00 or so I paid then realised what she had done so I try to get the cashier to fix - oh no she couldn't do it I had to go to returns to FIX THE CASHIERS mistake- gets worse I had to do a return cause the computor would not accept a mistake I had to sign a paper saying I was returning something to get the overcharge back what a bullshiat system
    Bigbox stores are not better just different and sometimes a royal pain in the arse too.

Why did I catch the cashiers mistake? you try shopping with small kids and see how you do [/B]
    I picked up my screens the $10 was in an envelope with my name on it....

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Re: Best part of local stores

Originally posted by crax

I'm trying to quit smoking as of today, so excuse me if I sound a bit irritated.
    I am in shock.......................good for you, that's a really important step in being able to do this hvac crap for many years to come.......but don't let that deter you.......
    I know you think you won't get old someday and have to deal with health problems..........but you will.
    And it comes along faster than you think.
    So many friends my age have cancer and other stuff.
    Hang in there, good luck dude.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123