Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hmm

Took some screens to be repaired at the local True Value type hardware store. I go there a lot, sometimes for small ftgs and such for work. I like it better than the big box stores, unless you need a shed or a pallet of wood or some crap like that.
    Anyway, paid the lady, who I see all the time in there.
    Thought I gave her 2- $20,s. she gives me change for a $20 and a $10. I questioned her about it but she said that is what I gave her. I couldn't be compleltely sure so I said OK.
    They called and said my screens were ready and they added up the register and they had indeed goofed. So they had my $10 for me as well.
    That would never happen at Homo Cheapo or WallyWorld.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Wow two twenties, you must of been with that nude black guy again...to be continued.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Or....maybe the big box stores wouldn't have screwed up in the first place.

When that small store folds up because of the incompetent employees, that cashier will go to work for the big box store that will train her how to pay more attention to a customers money.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

"Took some screens to be repaired"

Darn goats!

Can`t you fix your own screens? I your thinking of installing a water garden?

Originally posted by RoBoTeq

ROFL... As if the idiots at the big boxes have a clue about anything. If they can't find the stupid UPC symbol or at least get it to scan, they need to have a team meeting with 2 managers and an arbitrator to figure it out. I had a checkout person at Lowe's GIVE me PVC fittings because he couldn't scan it. I just love the personal treatment you get there too. If I'm wearing a shirt with my name on it, the ones that can read might even say hello. I could go on and on about the box stores, they all bite...

Cool Uh, Robo

Remember the guy from here who's wife who got a record for accidently taking some cat litter from a big box store?

I'm with you Dice, small business should spend their money with small business.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Originally posted by bigbird
    Can`t you fix your own screens? I your thinking of installing a water garden?
    For a few bucks they do it better than I would.
    Is you hot water tank still dripping?

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

well I know a few of the small out fits around here like ace hardware have gotten really good at providing good customer service. They have almost as big of a staff as Home Depot and Lowes, 10 times better service tho. They carry almost as good of assortment too, just maybe not as much plus they dont do appliances or framing lumber.

Ya they do a good business but then a 4 x 10 floor regester is going to cost $11.00. A 6" elbow 30 ga. is $6.50. Not that I buy hvac supplies there but I do keep an eye on prices there so when someone wants to buy material like that I know where the going rate is.

Its all about convienace , and time with the small places. Sometimes Im willing to pay the overblown price of the small guys then to have to run out to the middle of nowhere to get a better price at Home Depot ot Lowes.

I have just learned to buy what I can of things I know im going to need from the big guys when Im there than to pay an overblown price from the small guys being I need it right away and am in a bind for time.

I know what Dice is saying but in the last 2 years I think the prices of everything has gotten out of hand.......just ask me for a price on putting in a 13 SEER unit lol.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq

When that small store folds up because of the incompetent employees, that cashier will go to work for the big box store that will train her how to pay more attention to a customers money.
    Incompetent employees??
    You ever been to home cheapo or wally world........ever?
    Talk about dumb.
    This small store has been here forever, does a very good biz too. Sorta like my company.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I throw alot of business to the local True Value even though SLowes is right across the street. It hurts sometimes knowing I'm paying 95 cents for the same fitting that's 39 cents down the road. I just wish there prices were more competitive. I know the "big un's" pay less for their items but that much less?
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Some of the ftgs at the big stores are cheap crap too.
    They negotiate price with suppliers from China and the like.
    It's not too late to take this country back ya know.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    It's not too late to take this country back ya know.

It's far too late.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast