Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    89* isn't that hot. High SC and High SH..
    You might check the other systems and compare.
    It acts like a restriction or bad TXV or even a heavy indoor coil load.
    We declined to work on units in this building. Too much potential liability.
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand. Albert Einstein

Did you notice that the new building has the condensers outside?

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo View Post
    We declined to work on units in this building. Too much potential liability.

You're joking, right? Liability or incompetence?

I'm with Walter....find the real problem, instead of looking for excuses....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

I am gonna have to side with John on this. Not to be rude but 89°F is nothing for a properly working condenser. If that was my AC not working at 89°, it wouldn't work 8 months of the year.

High superheat, High Subcooling, High discharge pressure, low suction pressure, yeah sounds like a small restriction or a TXV issues to me.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Lol!!!!!!! In my neck of the woods average temp on a roof is 120 degrees . I attended a class from tranr and they said the systems put out these days are not even designed or tested to run in the enviroment down here. That is south west Fl. I agree with the last two posts at 89 degrees that's a walk in the park. Also those are not high efficency units they are gonna run higher head psig. But the condenser needs to be cleaned first chemically. Get out a electric pump sprayer and clean them. Then check the charge if result is still low sucton high superheat and high subcool just replace the valve at that point . Those confitions are no problem. In fact the units should have a charging chart that shows those conditions. My bet is dirty condenser and low on gas. At least you should go through these steps and not just run away.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Lol!!!!!!! In my neck of the woods average temp on a roof is 120 degrees . I attended a class from tranr and they said the systems put out these days are not even designed or tested to run in the enviroment down here. That is south west Fl. I agree with the last two posts at 89 degrees that's a walk in the park. Also those are not high efficency units they are gonna run higher head psig. But the condenser needs to be cleaned first chemically. Get out a electric pump sprayer and clean them. Then check the charge if result is still low sucton high superheat and high subcool just replace the valve at that point . Those confitions are no problem. In fact the units should have a charging chart that shows those conditions. My bet is dirty condenser and low on gas. At least you should go through these steps and not just run away.
    Easier to scream "hack" and run away.....Too many guys think that everything should be installed to lab specifications....and then they get out into the real world.....and discover that we have our own TV channel..."Reality HVAC"......

Would you approve of this?

To answer your question...

No... However 89 degrees is nothing.... I would hire a contractor that can properly diagnose and fix the problem....

Then once the system is fixed... if you want to consider locating the equipment outside of the garage... fine...
    It's all about heat transfer...

Yeah you dont need fire sprinkler water. You can use two pump spray bottles. One to clean and the other to rinse. It is s TXV so you should be focused on subcooling. Sounds like there are bigger issues here than 89 degrees. The 89 degree air is not the problem ,for sure .
    "I just think things should work properly"
    Freon is a brand name-word

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    And we have a winner
    "I just think things should work properly"
    Freon is a brand name-word

^^with 30* of Subcooling and 22* Delta T? Low charge?^^

I bet there is a restriction and other people have added refrigerant to keep the indoor coil from freezing up. Completely flooded the condenser and the restriction is acting as a secondary metering device that won't allow the evap to become flooded.

I'd also lay bet that both coils could use a cleaning.

Just sayin'

~smoke~
    "That motor's done, he let the factory smoke charge out!"

I bet they run better than this one
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by GJ-HVAC/R View Post
    I bet they run better than this one
    That would depend on what the deck is made of.....it it's steel grating directly above the unit, it's not a problem....

In fact, if it WAS steel grating above the unit, you should invite girls in dresses over....tell them that they too, can be like Marilyn Monroe...

Haha. Good idea. But its decked with 1x6 boards with about 1/8 in gaps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast