Was just handed two Richie/Yellow Jacket pumps that are only a few years old. Outside looks very good and the motors are strong. Pumps run but do not pull.

Who does the best job of rebuilding the pumps or has anyone ever tried a rebuild kit for them? I understand that J-mart charges about the cost of a new unit to send them in. Have been giving it to them for years... now it is out of site. (throw away world)

Any advice?

Quite a while back I contacted a friend of mine who owns a Johnstone to see if I could get a rebuild kit for a Robinaire. He advised me as he was told no rebuild kit available from Robinaire and I would have to send it in. He had rebuild kits for a couple other brands however I dont recall if Yellow Jacket was one of them.

I tore down my pump and managed a repair, wasn't really that big of a deal. It's definitely not rocket science as robinaire made it sound to be.
    The thing is getting noisy again and I too would like to get my hands on a rebuild kit.
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Lusker, scrap em and buy a JB pump.

You won't be sorry.

Lusker I have a Yellow jacket 6 CFH pump and I had the same problem with it and it was the coupling you may want to take a look. Think you can order the kit from UR. John M

Tin Knockers BANG for a living

Vacuum pumps suck. I agree with the coupling thing.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

I have an old Thermal 6.2cfm vacuum pump, I been wanting to get a rebuild kit for it. One of these days, but for now it still sucks pretty good down to 500 microns.
    R2B4BTU