Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    I know quite a few Canadians, and I can't say that I have heard any of them complaining about their healthcare, or even the quality of life in general in Canada. Americans are so brainwashed and stupid that they'll continue to vilify universal healthcare based solely on whatever propaganda they are being spoon-fed by the domestic healthcare profit machine and their puppets in government.
    The key to happiness is lower expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    I know quite a few Canadians, and I can't say that I have heard any of them complaining about their healthcare, or even the quality of life in general in Canada. Americans are so brainwashed and stupid that they'll continue to vilify universal healthcare based solely on whatever propaganda they are being spoon-fed by the domestic healthcare profit machine and their puppets in government.
    We deserve to be screwed over by unchecked capitalism because we choose to believe slick talking sleazebags in suits over the entire Canadian population.

Let me ask you guys something. Would you like to buy my cigarettes?

Then why would you want to share in the cost of my healthcare as a result of my smoking?
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post

Then why would you want to share in the cost of my healthcare as a result of my smoking?
    Smokers already pay more for their healthcare unless you happen to get 75% free, gravytrain healthcare that’s provided by an employer. They get pre-existing conditions for extra charge while we get to pay even more for them.

Not sure what you meant though. The nature of insurance is to share the exorbitant costs over large amounts of people.

You take the good with the bad. Life is killing every one of us. Drinking soda and eating potato chips are not healthy activities, and statistically, neither is driving or working in the HVAC business. I don't agree with your decision to smoke, but I also don't think you should be financially ruined if you fell ill. I think that US citizens should demand more security from their government, instead of allowing themselves to be taken advantage of. We're already paying for our neighbors' poor dietary choices and lifestyles. You can either have a system that has provisions for everyone, or a system in which good people may occasionally fall through the cracks. Either way, there is no question that health insurance companies are indefensible, unnecessary, and are a direct cause of healthcare price gouging. The healthcare profession does not have to change as far as doctors, nurses, hospitals, first responders, and other caregivers go, because we do have some of the best in the world... What has to go is the greedy middleman who is betting against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    You take the good with the bad. Life is killing every one of us. Drinking soda and eating potato chips are not healthy activities, and statistically, neither is driving or working in the HVAC business. I don't agree with your decision to smoke, but I also don't think you should be financially ruined if you fell ill. I think that US citizens should demand more security from their government, instead of allowing themselves to be taken advantage of. We're already paying for our neighbors' poor dietary choices and lifestyles. You can either have a system that has provisions for everyone, or a system in which good people may occasionally fall through the cracks. Either way, there is no question that health insurance companies are indefensible, unnecessary, and are a direct cause of healthcare price gouging. The healthcare profession does not have to change as far as doctors, nurses, hospitals, first responders, and other caregivers go, because we do have some of the best in the world... What has to go is the greedy middleman who is betting against you.
    Preach it brother! There's one convert.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

The first step to fixing things is admitting that what we have now is messed up and that somebody out there has a better way. The problem with insurance companies is that they engage in a risky business. Whether it's health, home, life, or auto... They are rolling the dice. When you and I gamble, and we lose, we lose. When they lose, they don't really lose because they pass that loss on to their customers by raising the rates and denying coverage. The profit is privatized, but the losses are socialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Smokers already pay more for their healthcare unless you happen to get 75% free, gravytrain healthcare that’s provided by an employer. They get pre-existing conditions for extra charge while we get to pay even more for them.

Not sure what you meant though. The nature of insurance is to share the exorbitant costs over large amounts of people.
    Your assuming that all employers pay for healthcare. There are many that are self employed or work part times jobs that offer no coverage. Also, most employers don't chip in anything to cover spouses or children. I know of a friend that only has healthcare for himself and his wife and 6 kids are in state healthcare. So then the high costs are being paid by you and me and not by those who choose to not particpate. If Obamacare gets their way low to middle income will be forced to pay $2500 for not having coverage. Even if they pay the fine and that's a big IF, they still wont have coverage.
    What we need is a system an incentive to want to purchase healthcare. That's why I think my plan is so appealing. $250 a month for an entire family.

Your assuming that all employers pay for healthcare. There are many that are self employed or work part times jobs that offer no coverage. Also, most employers don't chip in anything to cover spouses or children. I know of a friend that only has healthcare for himself and his wife and 6 kids are in state healthcare. So then the high costs are being paid by you and me and not by those who choose to not particpate. If Obamacare gets their way low to middle income will be forced to pay $2500 for not having coverage. Even if they pay the fine and that's a big IF, they still wont have coverage.
    What we need is a system an incentive to want to purchase healthcare. That's why I think my plan is so appealing. $250 a month for an entire family.
    I realize not all employers provide health insurance to its employees. But nearly all large companies, state, city and federal workers do get it for a major discount. Medicare recipients get it for about $100/mo and poor people get Medicaid for free. All these people could care less about people like me who have to pay full price or go bankrupt over healthcare costs. The people that get it for “free” vastly outnumber the people that actually pay full price for it.

May I ask what plan you have that covers an entire family for only $250/mo. Who is your provider and what is your deductible?

I realize not all employers provide health insurance to its employees. But nearly all large companies, state, city and federal workers do get it for a major discount. Medicare recipients get it for about $100/mo and poor people get Medicaid for free. All these people could care less about people like me who have to pay full price or go bankrupt over healthcare costs. The people that get it for “free” vastly outnumber the people that actually pay full price for it.

May I ask what plan you have that covers an entire family for only $250/mo. Who is your provider and what is your deductible?
    I'm Union. Don't remember how much if anything I am contributing. I was referring back to my OP about bypassing the insurance companies.
    Btw, small businesses employ more than big businesses.

What research exists on the cost and availability of health insurance?

A Kaiser Family Foundation study confirmed the connection between firm size and offering health insurance. The survey shows that about half of businesses with 3–9 workers offer health benefits to their employees. The ratio grows to about three-fourths for firms with 10–24 employees, to almost 90 percent for firms with 25–49 employees, and to 98 percent for firms with 200 employees or more. Almost two-thirds of workers take health insurance coverage when offered. Overall in 2008, small firm employees were almost twice as likely as large firm employees to be uninsured (25.1 percent vs. 13.6 percent, respectively).

Source: Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research and Educational Trust, Employer Health Benefits 2010 Annual Survey; Employee Benefit Research Institute, Sources of Health Insurance and Characteristics of the Uninsured: Analysis of the March 2009 Current Population Survey.
    From http://web.sba.gov/faqs/faqIndexAll.cfm?areaid=24

I'm Union. Don't remember how much if anything I am contributing. I was referring back to my OP about bypassing the insurance companies.
    Btw, small businesses employ more than big businesses.
    If you are union you are paying less than half of what it actually costs someone like me...more like one quarter. You also get pre-exsiting conditions covered at no extra cost.

If I only paid $250/mo to cover my entire family I wouldn't see anthing wrong with our current health system.

BTW - I do bypass my health insurance company by paying cash.

If you are union you are paying less than half of what it actually costs someone like me...more like one quarter. You also get pre-exsiting conditions covered at no extra cost.

If I only paid $250/mo to cover my entire family I wouldn't see anthing wrong with our current health system.

BTW - I do bypass my health insurance company by paying cash.
    Just because I have good healthcare doesn't mean our system isn't broken. Even though Obamacare won't affect me doesn't mean I don't care. I would like everyone to have healthcare coverage at an affordable price. But not be forced into it by Gov.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast