Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Just because I have good healthcare doesn't mean our system isn't broken. Even though Obamacare won't affect me doesn't mean I don't care. I would like everyone to have healthcare coverage at an affordable price. But not be forced into it by Gov.
    I am glad to hear that you care about healthcare in spite of receiving good rates from your union. But my concern is that very few people seem to care because it does not directly affect them. If all families of four had to write $1,500 to $2,000 check for health insurance each month there would be national outcry and things would change. But that’s not the case.

Isn’t it government’s responsibility to protect us from fraudulent and unfettered capitalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I am glad to hear that you care about healthcare in spite of receiving good rates from your union. But my concern is that very few people seem to care because it does not directly affect them. If all families of four had to write $1,500 to $2,000 check for health insurance each month there would be national outcry and things would change. But that’s not the case.

Isn’t it government’s responsibility to protect us from fraudulent and unfettered capitalism?
    Well if Obamacare becomes law, then the $2500 penalty will get a lot of low to middle income families crying fowl. People should be encouraged to obtain healthcare, not forced.
    I've had to pay over $900/mo. For health insurance so I know what its like to choose your familys health over owning a home. People shouldn't have to choose between the two.
    Not to mention health insurance should only be used for extreme emergencies. Not just to cover Rx and office visits. That would bring costs down quite a bit if we didn't send every little Bill to the insurance companies. If hospitals and Dr.'s offered plans like I propose then we could still buy health insurance only for extreme emergencies and that would bring costs down dramatically. Sort if like the way we use car insurance.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

No, because we must not, at any cost, inconvenience the JOB CREATORS!!! In fact, we must shovel more coal into their gravy train by deregulating all business, without thought to the consequences! It is, after all, the ONLY way to spur economic growth!!!

"There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Found this pic.[IMG][/IMG]

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Found this pic.[IMG][/IMG]
    It costs less up here and it is free (by your terms).
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

I'm not knocking Canada. Your country is in a much better position fiscally. The population is also 1/10 of the USA. Our problem is that Gov can't handle money. It has robbed our Social Security fund, has gotten us into trillions of debt and now looks to the RICH to help pay for their mismanagement. We don't need another Gov subsidized program cause as history has shown our Gov will just F*%# it up.

I'm not knocking Canada. Your country is in a much better position fiscally. The population is also 1/10 of the USA. Our problem is that Gov can't handle money. It has robbed our Social Security fund, has gotten us into trillions of debt and now looks to the RICH to help pay for their mismanagement. We don't need another Gov subsidized program cause as history has shown our Gov will just F*%# it up.
    I did not mean to imply it was for you just that it is not necessarily a road to ruin. As far as the population difference, why would that matter. We have 1/10 the population but also 1/10 the cash to spend. The government not being able to handle money is an issue though and this is where I see the 10X population coming in. The reason why is that you have representatives from 50 States that want to get the best deal they can for their constituents and figure they will have the others pay for it. A lot easier to think that way when you have a crowd of 50 in a room than siting down with 10 and you know what you get is taking away from one of the other guys at the table. Not to say we do not get that but probably not as much.
    The easy way to get what you want is to give the same to the other guy and all cash in today on the future prosperity, that is assuming there will be prosperity.

Oh, and the better position fiscally is because we were in as rough shape as you are in but decided to do something about it before someone else decide what we should do as is the case with Greece. We are not perfect, just a lot better than most.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910