Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I have several Canadian friends from Windsor and Toronto...they say their health care system sucks.
    I never figured you to be one that hangs out with whiners.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I never figured you to be one that hangs out with whiners.
    You're right, But they are in they same vintage motor cycle club as I am. Its a Detroit - Windsor club, so I have little choice.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    You're right, But they are in they same vintage motor cycle club as I am. Its a Detroit - Windsor club, so I have little choice.
    Heck, you are pretty much one bridge away from being Canadian. Bet you even understand hockey.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Doctors are not employed by the government and the hospitals are not run by the gov either. The government (Provincial and Federal) just pay the bills, courtesy of the taxpayer.
    This is a point that most critics of universal healthcare refuse to recognize as it destroys one of their major talking points.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Heck, you are pretty much one bridge away from being Canadian. Bet you even understand hockey.
    Sure I do....I luvz hockey ball!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    I was talking about hospitals. I only used that clinic as an example.
    This could be done on a larger scale with a little higher premium and deductible.

We need to cut out the middle man. Insurance companies rip us off and the hospitals. That's why they charge $8 an aspirin. So when the Insurance co. only pay them $1they breaking even or profit a little.

We just need to cut out the middle man.

Hospitals and Insurance companies are not evil or greedy.
    The reason you pay 8 bux for an aspirin is because of price shifting.

Your paying fir the multitudes of illegal immigrants and people who have no insurance who enter into a ER knowing that its against the law for them not to treat you.

You want to blame someone blame the.politicians both D and R that let 20 million peiple spill across our borders uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post

Your paying fir the multitudes of illegal immigrants and people who have no insurance who enter into a ER knowing that its against the law for them not to treat you.

You want to blame someone blame the
    Politicians both D and R that let 20 million peiple spill across our borders uninvited.
    My post wasn't about placing blame or illegals. The second half of your comment brings up a whole nother issue that needs to be addressed elsewhere. But since you brought it up, illegals could buy into this same medical plan I proposed. The less illegals and uninsured we have taxing the system the cheaper it will get.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

You want to blame someone blame the.politicians both D and R that let 20 million peiple spill across our borders uninvited.
    Illegal immigration has dropped by almost 2/3 in the past ten years yet healthcare costs have risen significantly during the same period.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

You’re paying fir the multitudes of illegal immigrants and people who have no insurance who enter into a ER knowing that its against the law for them not to treat you.

You want to blame someone blame the. Politicians both D and R that let 20 million people spill across our borders uninvited.
    There is not doubt the insurance companies are paying the highest price for hospital services but what I cannot figure out is why the insurance companies do not object in any way. If an operation that should cost $5,000 gets billed to the insurance companies at $10,000 while Medicare, Medical and cash patients get charged $3,000, why don’t the insurance companies sue for being overcharged. It is all in black and white and could be brought in the courts.

If the hospitals are indeed using insurance company money to support other losses within their hospital it could easily be revealing in their bookwork and should be illegal.

As a contractor could you imagine telling a customer "I have to charge a little extra because the last guy ripped me off?"

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Illegal immigration has dropped by almost 2/3 in the past ten years yet healthcare costs have risen significantly during the same period.
    But over 90% of them are still here and more broke than ever.

Less people have insurance and fewer people have to cash to settle up with the hospitals.

And, more people are apt to hold onto their last few dollars rather than handing it over to the hospitals. They’d rather go BK.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    But over 90% of them are still here and more broke than ever.
    If you see illegal immigration as the cause of rising healthcare costs and given that illegal immigration has dropped by 2/3 as well as the alien population dropping by 1.6 million, then that means that these costs should have stabilized if not decreased.

Chapman Cohen

So there are roughly 5% less illegal immigrants now ?

Where are you getring your data ? Whos counting ?

And have you been to an ER lately ?

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Data please. Links ? Anything ?

So assuming your numbers are correct hundreds of thousands are still entering the S illegally.

It just mwans the influx has slowed.

A coue of years ago Dallas biggest hospital, Parkland reported 2/3 of chilsrwn norn in itsaternity were from illegal immigrants.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast