Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

How to fix healthcare

This is just my opinion but I believe it will work and would be the best solution to the rising costs and the answer to those uninsured.

There was a time when I was paying $900 for health insurance just for my wife and 2 kids. That didn't even include me. That was as much as a house payment. Ridiculous. No wonder people don't want to buy health insurance.

Here's my plan. It's pretty simple. Hospitals need to offer their own medical plans. There is a walk in clinic here in town that does this. http://www.fmwic.com/affordable-heal...mberships.html

Instead of us giving all of our money to third party (insurance) companies and the hospitals losing money to these same (insurance) companies we could keep more of our money and the hospitals would take in more offering medical plans.

For example, a person could pay the hospital $50 a month/ $200 for a family. $35 co pay 10% deductible and all prescriptions could be filled in house for less than other pharmacies. just my
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

What does this walk in clinic do when you have a heart attack or stroke or some other major problem....

Most insurance....if not all that I am aware of now...covers these catastrophic events...

With the memberships at places like the one you linked too...... you would be sol if something major happened and you needed surgery and or hospitalization.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    What does this walk in clinic do when you have a heart attack or stroke or some other major problem....

Most insurance....if not all that I am aware of now...covers these catastrophic events...

With the memberships at places like the one you linked too...... you would be sol if something major happened and you needed surgery and or hospitalization.
    I was talking about hospitals. I only used that clinic as an example.
    This could be done on a larger scale with a little higher premium and deductible.

We need to cut out the middle man. Insurance companies rip us off and the hospitals. That's why they charge $8 an aspirin. So when the Insurance co. only pay them $1they breaking even or profit a little.

We just need to cut out the middle man.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    I was talking about hospitals. I only used that clinic as an example.
    This could be done on a larger scale with a little higher premium and deductible.

We need to cut out the middle man. Insurance companies rip us off and the hospitals. That's why they charge $8 an aspirin. So when the Insurance co. only pay them $1they breaking even or profit a little.

We just need to cut out the middle man.
    We cut out the middle man a long time ago up here.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

I like the simplicity of it.......stupid insurance companies!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Not until the insurance companies break the backs of the employers that provide “free” medical to their employees will we see a change.

Secondly, not enough people realize we have a health insurance problem because they get it for 75% off. I suppose I wouldn’t care either if I got “free” health insurance from my employer.

As for Canada's nationalized healthcare system, we have been lied to about it. It is much better than has been described to us. But try competing with our medical industry's propaganda machine.

Canadas system may work fine, but isn't that what Obamacare essentially is? Gov run healthcare.
    Our healthcare needs to stay between the Dr. and the patient. No third parties involved. Just my

I have several Canadian friends from Windsor and Toronto...they say their health care system sucks.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

As long as insurance companies have their hooks in our elected officials we are going to have to deal with them for a looooooooong time.

And there isnt any way that I know of to get the hooks out.

We could fire all our congressmen who wont do anything about the insurance industry but that wont work....because most of are afraid to vote our elected officials out and even if we vote new people in they are going to be ust a willing to listen to the insurance industry and their boatloads of cash than they are to us working joes....and janes...

The biggest problem I see with healthcare is demand. We are a nation of hypochondriacs. You cannot turn on the TV and see an ad for every sort of ailment under the sun. How many of us when watching these commercials have symtoms they describe? I can't watch a enlarged prostate commercial without having an urge to go pee!They want us running to the doctor for every ache and pain. We need to the realize we aren't going to live forever, and medical treatments to extend life are damned expensive.

I have good health ins., but limit my doctor visits. If I get seriously ill all I could afford is Morphine to hasten the inevitable.
    Last edited by AC5096; 05-20-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Instead of universal coverage, we should just have catastrophic coverage, and pay for the day-to-day stuff out of our pockets or through a (group or individual) medical savings account. Most of what we spend on insurance is for the day-to-day things, and these are relatively cheap expenses compared to the catastrophic stuff. They are expensive now because they are covered by an industry driven out of control by medicaid, medicare, and class action trial lawyers. IIRC, these clowns have the biggest lobby on the Hill.

Drop your universal coverage, get catastrophic coverage, and find a doctor or a clinic who only accepts cash, not insurance. They are out there, and they're a lot cheaper, because they and their staff spend most of their time taking care of patients, not insurance companies.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Instead of universal coverage, we should just have catastrophic coverage, and pay for the day-to-day stuff out of our pockets or through a (group or individual) medical savings account. Most of what we spend on insurance is for the day-to-day things, and these are relatively cheap expenses compared to the catastrophic stuff. They are expensive now because they are covered by an industry driven out of control by medicaid, medicare, and class action trial lawyers. IIRC, these clowns have the biggest lobby on the Hill.

Drop your universal coverage, get catastrophic coverage, and find a doctor or a clinic who only accepts cash, not insurance. They are out there, and they're a lot cheaper, because they and their staff spend most of their time taking care of patients, not insurance companies.
    Good point. We don't run to our car insurance co. everytime the car breaks down.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Canadas system may work fine, but isn't that what Obamacare essentially is? Gov run healthcare.
    Our healthcare needs to stay between the Dr. and the patient. No third parties involved. Just my
    Doctors are not employed by the government and the hospitals are not run by the gov either. The government (Provincial and Federal) just pay the bills, courtesy of the taxpayer.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast