Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Is that in the back of the van next to the pipe stretcher (get the red one; blue one doesn't work), or in the glovebox with the 4-foot level?
    It hangs out with the pipe stretcher! I like the Megger test. You get the apprentice to hold the leads then you spin the handle to "make sure the Megger is working"!

CT

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Is that in the back of the van next to the pipe stretcher (get the red one; blue one doesn't work), or in the glovebox with the 4-foot level?
    It hangs out with the pipe stretcher and the Sky Hook! I like the Megger test. You get the apprentice to hold the leads then you spin the handle to "make sure the Megger is working"!

CT

yeah good one, some people..

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    Can someone please post a PIcture of the F'ing Duct Streacher????
    This i gotta see!! The only thing I can think of is a seam puller so you can get a drive cleet on.
    Let me google that for you.

Here is one:

http://malcoproducts.com/product/hva...uct-stretchers

Quote Originally Posted by nsula_country View Post
    I like the Megger test. You get the apprentice to hold the leads then you spin the handle to "make sure the Megger is working"!

CT
    When I was still in the service we would do something like this when the ship had been out to sea for a few weeks. We would take a megger, have the first guy hold one lead in his hand, two or three guys holding hands in a line, place a fluroescent bulb in the hand of the last guy, two or three guys after the bulb and the last guy holding the other megger lead. Senior guy gets to spin the handle while the bulb lights up. Didn't hurt much until you started or stopped.

The dumb stuff we did to keep entertained...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567