Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
    I've mentioned this in other threads, and I'm not saying it should be one way or another, but in an internet economy, this is going to happen more and more. The fact is, the installers that make most of their money on the equipment mark-up are going to get priced out. If you are installing equipment, you should be making most your money on the install. If priced accordingly, this ad would not be a problem.
    More and more smart contractors are going to labor burdened overhead.

Makes selling high end jobs less challenging, and keeps you out of tenements, and avoids losing your shirt on labor heavy work.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

You got me lol! I don't know who named it that but I could think of better.

Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    More and more smart contractors are going to labor burdened overhead.

Makes selling high end jobs less challenging, and keeps you out of tenements, and avoids losing your shirt on labor heavy work.
    It took me a LONG time to realize there is NO customer I cannot do without. The next realization was; If I am not gonna make a decent (not high but reasonable) profit on a job... why even get in the van and do the job? At the end of the year... the co had better make more salary (after expenses) than I could make working for someone else.

There is a mindset in going on a sales call, talking to someone, realizing this customer is not going to pay what I want, trying to explain, realizing they are not smart enough to understand (or too arrogant to listen), and just thanking them for their time and leaving (Oh, and leave them my card explaining they will need it in a few years when they have issues and the cheap guy they chose is gone). We all know how many of those actually do call a few years later.

The result of walking away from a cheapskate is twofold: One is I get to make reasonable $$$ on each job; the other is I am free to make reasonable $$$ on each job. Oh, and lets not forget the aggravation clause; the cheapskates are usually the most fussy.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Most hacks are only equipped with flex, zip ties and pex
    PEX is the new Copper...

CT

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    You have it right.

Attachment 325861
    Do you have a wire stretcher too? LOL!

CT

Quote Originally Posted by nsula_country View Post
    PEX is the new Copper...

CT
    Are you in the Shreveport area? Reason I ask is: My Dad died last summer, we took him over to the big cemetary in town to bury him. Had not seen the area in years.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Do you have a wire stretcher too? LOL!
    They've made those things for over a century:

ga-hvac-tech, PM sent!

CT

They've made those things for over a century:
    That is a wire stretcher. Used for cables, fencing, ect. I have something similar for barbed wire. The "wire stretcher" I was referring to is the one Electrician's send the helper to the truck to get when the pull comes up short! Next comes "Polarity Fluid". Got to get the Red, Blue is for DC.

CT

That is a wire stretcher. Used for cables, fencing, ect. I have something similar for barbed wire. The "wire stretcher" I was referring to is the one Electrician's send the helper to the truck to get when the pull comes up short! Next comes "Polarity Fluid". Got to get the Red, Blue is for DC.

CT
    Is that in the back of the van next to the pipe stretcher (get the red one; blue one doesn't work), or in the glovebox with the 4-foot level?

Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post
    Never said i was going to deal with him..at all!

I found this on craigslist and posted it in the WOS to show how customers think they can dictate how we are to do every aspect of our job. And then when their Removed direct buy link POS Goodman craps out and they want warranty service, you're on the hook to tell them the great news about buying HVAC equipment online.

Maybe when your get your post count up you will be more familiar with our flavor of humor.
    yeah customers kill me when they think they can force are hand on something, this is deff a gotcha...

CT
    Oh, I'm well aware of the jokes, but that image I posted was of an actual Wire Stretcher rig, commonly used over a century ago for splicing telegraph wires.

Oh, I'm well aware of the jokes, but that image I posted was of an actual Wire Stretcher rig, commonly used over a century ago for splicing telegraph wires.
    Defiantly looked old school!

CT

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast