Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Legionnaires Desease

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes

Neglected water filter on ice machine

What are the possible results of neglecting to change a water filter on an ice machines production, operation? The ice is not used for human consumption

Post Likes
    When it plugs, no ice.....

5. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Warped evaporator plates
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

7. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdanow00 View Post
    What are the possible results of neglecting to change a water filter on an ice machines production, operation? The ice is not used for human consumption
    Not for human consumption? How can you control that?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Not for human consumption? How can you control that?
    I had several customers who ran into this issue after ice was promoted to a food product some years back. The state health inspectors in Florida were satisfied with just a "Not For Human Consumption" sign posted on the machine when it was sold in bulk (not bagged) and to be used strictly for cooling. These stores would give free ice to fruit picker foremen who brought their crews to their store each morning to stock up for the day.

10. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Thanks for the great info everyone, the ice is used for science experiments but you are correct, I wouldn't be there to stop someone from carelessly using it

Post Likes
    I have a Golf Course/Club House that HAD a terrible terrible filthy dirty disgusting horribly neglected ice machine/bin setup. The ice was STRICTLY for filling the coolers on the Golf Carts, but not for human consumption as they say. I took the Chef by the hand and showed him the "innards" of his "not for human consumption" ice maker. I have been doing a typical routine on that icer for the past 4-5 years, and now I get free coffee.

13. Likes DavidDeBord, Jettinvr6sc, shellkamp liked this post
    Post Likes
    Dirty ice in contact with Beer, Soda, Food can contaminate the product it touches. Thus Not for human consumption ice should not be used as such.

Bio Safety Labs can have a machine labeled "Not for Human Consumption". It is used for cooling samples. No food or drink should be consumed while in the lab.

15. Likes DavidDeBord, Jettinvr6sc liked this post
    Post Likes
    So, let's say the ice machine does not get heavy usage and the customer wants to minimize the cost of replacing the inlet water filter, doing it less frequently, could you test the filter by timing how long it would take to fill say a three gallon bucket and compare that with minimum flow requirements that the manufacturer wants?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdanow00 View Post
    So, let's say the ice machine does not get heavy usage and the customer wants to minimize the cost of replacing the inlet water filter, doing it less frequently, could you test the filter by timing how long it would take to fill say a three gallon bucket and compare that with minimum flow requirements that the manufacturer wants?
    I'd look for a pressure drop across the filter. How much ice does it drop a day?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Why not eliminate the filter? It obviously is not doing much.

Post Likes
    I'm new to this machine and have basically no ice machine experience so I'm pretty ignorant, what would be an acceptable pressure drop? I m not sure about the amount of usage. They have a distiller though, maybe I'll have them run the water through it first🤔

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast