Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frederick, MD

I'm not far. I also work with a distributer there that may be able to help. What do you need? Or, call me at 443-309-2104
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Hey Robo, are ther any service bullitins on a Goodman m#GMPN080-4 gas furnace, I ran into one on friday that the board would keep the fan on constantly (upon applying power you can here the micro relay click and close) on the heat side. Pulled the medium speed tap from the board (for heat) and the fan does not run. No signal from stat to call for fan, unwired.Still does it. While there I noticed water on floor, a/c had been running previously. So I cleared drain (clear) then pulled the case off the coil to see the interior sections of the drain pan had melted and oozed down allowing water to run down the furnace. Somehow the stack overtemp switch allowed this to happen and the fan (in my estimation) did not come on sometime to allow this condition.
    Kinda strange that at one time the fan could not have been coming on yet now the fan will not stop running on the heating speed tap now.
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

open limit switch?

Originally posted by t527ed
    open limit switch?
    That would be my first guess. Then comes the condition of the secondary heat exchanger. I'll bet it is caked with dust and dirt.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by t527ed
    open limit switch?
    That would be my first guess. Then comes the condition of the secondary heat exchanger. I'll bet it is caked with dust and dirt.
    The unit is impeccable as far as cleanliness. They must have the cleaning lady crawl in that sucker to sterilize it. Its manufactured in 99, installed in the same year. The safties were all closed 4 rollouts and a stack overtemp beore gas valve. All show that position on the schematic, maybe one is stuck closed but all of em?
    I'm not so worried about that but was more interested in the control relay on the board closing upon potential re-establishment. Curious about any service bullitins that's all, when the customer saw the pan melted he wanted it shut down and total system replaced asap, no repairs.
    I'm not interested in the my brand is better than your brand, just inquiring for the future.
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

The limit is completely seperate from the overtemperature circuit. You need to pull the blower and look up inside to see the secondary. I still bet that it is blocked.

There are lots of bulletins, but none that relate to anything I am seeing here.

Originally posted by Lusker
    Would you guys like me to change the name of this topic?

How about... Goodman Service Bullentins

thanks again Robin

Sorry, I was trying to be discreet and not start a whole thread that attracts every argument known to man on why X brand is better than Y brand.

Originally posted by md master
    Would you guys like me to change the name of this topic?

How about... Goodman Service Bullentins

thanks again Robin

Sorry, I was trying to be discreet and not start a whole thread that attracts every argument known to man on why X brand is better than Y brand.
    I know how you feel.. LOL

Robo... darn, your guy got there in just a few hours.

Thank You

I hope it works out. I don't personally know this tech, but he is trusted by my co-workers in Frederick. My not knowing someone can be a good thing since most that I know are ones that have had problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast