Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 25 of 25

Thread: RAUCC40

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ottawa canada
    Posts
    2,016
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    to Rock 'n Roll All Night and Party Everyday?
    Do I really need to spell it out to you Jay ??
    The 64 roars to life Whoo hoo ...shes a rolling chassis .
    You bend em" I"ll mend em" !!!!!!!
    I"m not a service tech.. I"m a thermodynamic transfer analyst & strategic system sustainability specialist
    Best Austin Healey In Show twice in 2013 .....All those hrs paid off .

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    664
    basics :P
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    412
    Am I confused, Isn't normal RAUC suction 50 to 55 PSIG??

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Not in Iran
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by emcontrols View Post
    Am I confused, Isn't normal RAUC suction 50 to 55 PSIG??

    It very well may be, I know that the suction at the compressors form ice then thawl then repeat the same thing, then the system that to be reset, ,
    Then when it is reset, BAM all the compressors come on all at the same time, NOW I understand the need for cooling, but I am thinking that CIR 1 first compressor then CIR 1 second compressor., then CIR 2 first compressor then CIR 2 second compressor., customer has mentioned outrageous electric bill,. ,
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    412
    Sounds like more than just one problem exists! Does this have the old honeywell W9700 or is it just a terminal strip and the MP581 controls it(NO TDR's in unit)??

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mixing oil and fire with a big spoon.
    Posts
    4,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Healey Nut View Post
    Do I really need to spell it out to you Jay ??
    Black Diamond? Beth? Love Gun?
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mixing oil and fire with a big spoon.
    Posts
    4,263
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkwal1 View Post
    It very well may be, I know that the suction at the compressors form ice then thawl then repeat the same thing, then the system that to be reset, ,
    Then when it is reset, BAM all the compressors come on all at the same time, NOW I understand the need for cooling, but I am thinking that CIR 1 first compressor then CIR 1 second compressor., then CIR 2 first compressor then CIR 2 second compressor., customer has mentioned outrageous electric bill,. ,
    somebody has been rewiring the unit then...there should be a 2 minute time delay between compressor 1B and compressor 1A...and another time delay between compressor 2B and 2A. this allow the head pressure to build properly, txv's to get opened up and controlling properly, etc before starting the next compressor.

    as for the power bills...they are conditioning outside air...its expensive.

    what leaving air temperature/humidity do they want to attain?
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    somebody has been rewiring the unit then...there should be a 2 minute time delay between compressor 1B and compressor 1A...and another time delay between compressor 2B and 2A. this allow the head pressure to build properly, txv's to get opened up and controlling properly, etc before starting the next compressor.

    as for the power bills...they are conditioning outside air...its expensive.

    what leaving air temperature/humidity do they want to attain?
    I agree with Jay, thats where I was going with the TDR's, and it also sounds like the MP581 is calling for all stages (Missing a fail routine when suplly air temp is not dropping if calling for stages or something). Really need to know how its wired??

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Not in Iran
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by emcontrols View Post
    Sounds like more than just one problem exists! Does this have the old honeywell W9700 or is it just a terminal strip and the MP581 controls it(NO TDR's in unit)??

    The unit has the Terminal strip and MP581., there are time delays, I will check the setting,

    As for the rewiring, this could be, from what customer said, there was some co co for coco puffs out there and messed a few things up a while back ,the customer had TRANE out , took them 3 days he said to get squared away,
    I will keep u guys informed , thx again
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ottawa canada
    Posts
    2,016
    For Jays benefit ...KISS theory .....Keep It Simple Stupid ...
    See post !0 ....everyone jumps in at the deep end with theory about superheat and subcooling and the alignment of the planets and the price of bread and suction line size and plugged driers, and what flavour is the pudding etc etc etc .
    When you dont know whats going on sit back relax and start at the beginning ,
    In what sequence was this thing designed to work and what is it trying to do .
    Figure that out fix that then worry about all the other stuff . Because once you fix the sequence issues a lot of the other operational issues will magically dissapear .
    The 64 roars to life Whoo hoo ...shes a rolling chassis .
    You bend em" I"ll mend em" !!!!!!!
    I"m not a service tech.. I"m a thermodynamic transfer analyst & strategic system sustainability specialist
    Best Austin Healey In Show twice in 2013 .....All those hrs paid off .

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Not in Iran
    Posts
    1,076
    keep it short simple

    kill it shot something

    keep it short simple silly stupid .,.,
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mixing oil and fire with a big spoon.
    Posts
    4,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Healey Nut View Post
    For Jays benefit ...KISS theory .....
    sooooo, maybe you're a newer KISS catalog fan.

    Psycho Circus? You Wanted the Best? Danger Us? Jungle? I Walk Alone?
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event