Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    residential? uh?Glad you done so well, If I had a warm cookie right now I would send it your way, tap yourself on the shoulder, haven't come close to six figures and I'm union journeyman(commercial-industrial), when I was 40 I wasn't in too bad of a shape, wait and see
    Sorry you're so jealous. Maybe you should be a union journeyman in the Chicago area. It's quite common for those guy's to clear six figures.

wasn't it the college grads that schemed to make toxic investments?

I completed a BSc..........and I honestly tell you, you're better off doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChillerMan View Post
    Sorry you're so jealous. Maybe you should be a union journeyman in the Chicago area. It's quite common for those guy's to clear six figures.
    Thank you for the tip, tomorrow morning will pack my stuff and here I come windy city............. seriously. you are full of it and you know it.

Thank you for the tip, tomorrow morning will pack my stuff and here I come windy city............. seriously. you are full of it and you know it.
    Union Chiller Mechanics in Chicago, Philly, NYC, and Boston should all be in the $100K with On-Call Pay and little OT. McQuay and Trane are non-Union in Chicago, supposably their wages are Union competative.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicallyInclined View Post
    Union Chiller Mechanics in Chicago, Philly, NYC, and Boston should all be in the $100K with On-Call Pay and little OT. McQuay and Trane are non-Union in Chicago, supposably their wages are Union competative.
    there are always exemptions to the rule but the average income for a commercial industrial HVAC tech is around $48K $68K/year.
    California seem to have the highest pay scale.

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes499021.htm#nat

Journeymen guys in Boston nearly clear 100,000 grand working 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyfitta View Post
    Journeymen guys in Boston nearly clear 100,000 grand working 40's.

if you're in big city, easy. smaller center mainly a sea of rooftop. no chiller. some big boilers for sure. chillers could be in older gov bldg/hospital or something. I've seen a hotel cooled with couple of giant 20 tons air to air AC unit. it's an obsolete 70s unit that somehow still work... it's a lennox that should be kicked off the roof long time ago.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Looks like the road to riches is north to the big smoke. Come on up, just stay close the the ground for good air.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Peztoy View Post
    Looks like the road to riches is north to the big smoke. Come on up, just stay close the the ground for good air.
    Everything has a price.....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Quote Originally Posted by Peztoy View Post
    anything northern ontario or northern alberta/saskatchewan or the mining in diavik/rio tinto is big $$$$ ofcourse the living condition is harsh also.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

The only thing I'm full of is 20 years of knowledge and experience, which allows me to make that kind of money. I'm a professional, and I'm treated like one.

Even in Miami journeyman clear $75K. earning six figures in the Northern big cities isn't much of a stretch.

When you leave for the windy city leave early, traffic can be a *****.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChillerMan View Post
    The only thing I'm full of is 20 years of knowledge and experience, which allows me to make that kind of money. I'm a professional, and I'm treated like one.

Even in Miami journeyman clear $75K. earning six figures in the Northern big cities isn't much of a stretch.

When you leave for the windy city leave early, traffic can be a *****.
    are you taking $75K/year on the paycheck? or total compensation?
    To make 100K thats like $55/hr take home.
    I'm happy here, our rate is $31.50hr on the check, my mortgage is paid, I'm past my prime and looking forward retirement.

I hear tell of north of 100K in Omaha, Ne. One of my instructors told us of a former student of his making this kind of money. I think the job this guy has is some sort of supervisory role for Trane I believe.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast