Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Abraham, Moses, David, Jacob, Solomon...just a few of the polygamists in the Bible

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    OK, these are just random thoughts;

Both faiths alter existing Judeo-Christian histories and theology while using Judeo-Christian theology as their basis.

I'm just saying.....
    One large exception concerning Islam and Christians. Islams says " No man is the Son of God. No man is resurrected.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    When Mormons start slamming 757s into office buildings and blowing up disco-tecs with vest loaded with C4 then your comparison will have some merit.
    I did state that the two organizations were like the good cop, bad cop scenario of world domination, did I not?

Some of you folks really take this world domination thing a little too serious....

Unlike Judeo-Christian teachings, both the LDS and Islam bribe Mormons and Muslims to work diligently to convert others to their cause with promises of mortal gains. Mormons are led to believe that they can become gods of their very own Universes and Muslims believe they will receive physical pleasures in martydom.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    Better than from the other end.
    OK, since you opened this can of worms, tell them how you know this...

Quote Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
    Abraham, Moses, David, Jacob, Solomon...just a few of the polygamists in the Bible
    It's still not something that we are taught that God wants us to do. This is one of the reasons it was important for Abraham to have a son by Sarah and not by another wife.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    One large exception concerning Islam and Christians. Islams says " No man is the Son of God. No man is resurrected.
    There are a lot more things different then this. Islam bastardizes the Hebrew Testament from Abraham on, which completely changes the New Testament. Islam testifies that the New Testament is full of lies and blasphemies. Islam is a contradiction of Judeo-Christian teachings that has the audacity to claim Jesus Christ as one of it's deciples.

Quote Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
    I have seen “Ten commandments” at least five times and I do not remember that Moses had more then one wife.

Every church you go to has 5-1 ratio women to men who practice the religion. Do not the other 4 worthy women deserve the same blessings as the lucky one that is married to a follower. I believe that is where polygamy finds its roots. Not in the idea that a prophet of God wants to screw a different chick. How did God become God? If God is the same yesterday and today, does the path he used to become exalted still exist today as it did yesterday? I happen to be Mormon, and find your view of my faith shallow. I have also taken the time to read the Koran. Although I did not find a desire to practice its teachings I did take the time to investigate it instead of ridiculing something I had no knowledge of. But then again how boring is that? To actually read a book, pray about its truth, and decide for myself if it is the word of God...
    Living the dream !!

It's still not something that we are taught that God wants us to do.
    So it is a "Do as I say not as I do" type deal.

All through the bible the beloved of god carry on with multiple wives just like the most lust crazed middle east potentates.

Not a real flattering image of your god.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

When Mormons start slamming 757s into office buildings and blowing up disco-tecs with vest loaded with C4 then your comparison will have some merit.
    <hits Like button
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

[QUOTE=RoBoTeq;13246741]I think you need to separate Judeo-Christian as the Judeo part doesn't recognise the Resurection. Basic to being a Christian is the belief in the reserection. Nether Islam or Judeism acept this.

[QUOTE=RoBoTeq;13246741]
    Both Joseph Smith and Mohamed changed their creations to include polygamy when they were under scrutiny for adultery.
    Both faiths alter existing Judeo-Christian histories and theology while using Judeo-Christian theology as their basis.

Just a question. Has anyone here read the Quran?
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

ditto
    “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” ~ Sir Isaac Newton

I'm learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma!!!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

[QUOTE=hvacker;13263621][QUOTE=RoBoTeq;13246741]I think you need to separate Judeo-Christian as the Judeo part doesn't recognise the Resurection. Basic to being a Christian is the belief in the reserection. Nether Islam or Judeism acept this.

Both Joseph Smith and Mohamed changed their creations to include polygamy when they were under scrutiny for adultery.

Just a question. Has anyone here read the Quran?
    The LDS does not teach about Jesus's Resurrection in any way similar to what (other) Christians do. Mormons believe thet Jesus was simply the first man to be resurrected to unite the spirit and body. Mormons are taught that every Mormon is to be resurrected in the same manner that Jesus was resurrected, according to the LDS.

I have been reading/studying the qu'ran for several years now. It is actually easier to follow then are many biblical passages in that the qu'ran is devised by a singular person with a singular mindset in which Judeo-Christian scripture is simply changed to suit the author, much like the Book of Mormon, which I also have and study from.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast