Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mormons and Muslims...hmmmmm.....

OK, these are just random thoughts;

Both the LDS (Latter Day Saints, ie; Mormons) and Islam (Muslims) were designed by a single person allegedly getting the information for these organizations from a devine source.

Both Joseph Smith and Mohamed changed their creations to include polygamy when they were under scrutiny for adultery.
    Both faiths alter existing Judeo-Christian histories and theology while using Judeo-Christian theology as their basis.

Both Mormonism and Islam intend to unite the world under their respective organizations.

I'm just saying.....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

Both the LDS (Latter Day Saints, ie; Mormons) and Islam (Muslims) were designed by a single person allegedly getting the information for these organizations from a devine source.

Both Joseph Smith and Mohamed changed their creations to include polygamy when they were under scrutiny for adultery.
    Both faiths alter existing Judeo-Christian histories and theology while using Judeo-Christian theology as their basis.

Both Mormonism and Islam intend to unite the world under their respective organizations.

I'm just saying.....
    Let's face it. We are mostly guys here right? They both became powerful men and wanted to exert their sexual prowess beyond the wifey, so... justified by religious dictate.

I doubt the need for another 'wife' had anything to do with "uniting the world" fantasy, more like a fixation on some otherwise available cutie.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Let's face it. We are mostly guys here right? They both became powerful men and wanted to exert their sexual prowess beyond the wifey, so... justified by religious dictate.

I doubt the need for another 'wife' had anything to do with "uniting the world" fantasy, more like a fixation on some otherwise available cutie.
    For the polygamy angle, I agree. That and the god complex making them feel they need to populate the world with more of their own.

I've been reading an action fiction novel that involves Mormons and American Indians that got me looking into Mormonism. The more I read about Mormons, the weirder it gets.

It might be hard for you to do, but honestly, if you an step outside the box, just about every religion has every bit as much 'weirdness' in it. At the most basic level, religion is, and really always has been, a way to fill in the blanks of human knowledge. It's why they form, and why they spread so easily (also why they spread slower in more educated societies, where there are more holes to fill). With lots of holes to fill, and an endless supply of ideas to fill them, there is a strong chance that a good percentage of those hole fillers are going to come off a little strange. If you pay attention, you'd notice that the reformation to the bible done by the early catholic church did a lot to weed your bible of the 'weirdness' it had, or at least downplay the significance of such weirdnesses.

On this issue is not simply ensuring that your blood line survives and thrives. So the more wives "they who must be obeyed" the greater the spread of our genes and some what less likely to be wiped out.
    I think Jesus was a wise man, he could not here God speak, with many wives "they who must be obeyed" nagging in his ear. With only one they do have to stop and take a breath occasionally!

Quote Originally Posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
    It might be hard for you to do, but honestly, if you an step outside the box, just about every religion has every bit as much 'weirdness' in it. At the most basic level, religion is, and really always has been, a way to fill in the blanks of human knowledge. It's why they form, and why they spread so easily (also why they spread slower in more educated societies, where there are more holes to fill). With lots of holes to fill, and an endless supply of ideas to fill them, there is a strong chance that a good percentage of those hole fillers are going to come off a little strange. If you pay attention, you'd notice that the reformation to the bible done by the early catholic church did a lot to weed your bible of the 'weirdness' it had, or at least downplay the significance of such weirdnesses.
    Even though I am a man of spiritual faith who considers himself a Christian, I completely agree that religions get really weird. I do not associate myself with any organized religion because of the man created goofiness that is injected into their tenents.

I was just having a little fun with these two faiths, which I consider more political and social organizations then spiritual. It's almost like Mormonism and islam are the "good cop, bad cop" organizations wanting to take over the world. Islam teaches it's ok to be violent and LDS teaches we can all become gods.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    On this issue is not simply ensuring that your blood line survives and thrives. So the more wives "they who must be obeyed" the greater the spread of our genes and some what less likely to be wiped out.
    I think Jesus was a wise man, he could not here God speak, with many wives "they who must be obeyed" nagging in his ear. With only one they do have to stop and take a breath occasionally!
    Not sure what you are referring to.

Not sure what you are referring to.
    Neither do I , just Friday night drinking dripple.

Just another one of Robo's oral farts.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I know you are, but what am I?

I'm just saying.....
    When Mormons start slamming 757s into office buildings and blowing up disco-tecs with vest loaded with C4 then your comparison will have some merit.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Better than from the other end.

Yea, I think Muslims are going about the whole "unite the world' thing the wrong way. Maybe it's just me.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast