Good evening everybody,
I'm in the process of replacing the AC in my home, as the original York evaporator is leaking. System is 13 years old so I'm contemplating replacing the furnace as well. Trying to understand a little more about the two mid-level Bryant options, the two-stage 80T (312AAV) and the 80X (313AAV), either probably paired with the 126 or 123 Preferred AC units. My understanding is that the 80X uses a more efficient ECM type motor which contributes to raising the overall SEER rating of the AC system. The 80T from what I gather has a two stage burner with two corresponding blower speeds, but uses the older style PSC motor.
Is my understanding on those correct?
For the 80X, while it's a "single speed" it also seems like perhaps it has different speeds depending on the operating mode - one for when it's heating, one for when the AC is on, and another low speed for when you're just running the fan. Is that right? Does the 80T have a similar set of speeds?
Our heating and AC bills each total ~$450 per year, and we don't have any particular comfort complaints so I'm not inclined to spend the extra cash on a 90%+ furnace, higher SEER AC, or an Evolution/Infinity type system. At this point mainly just curious about the relative pros & cons of these two furnaces. Thanks,

Jeff