Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stomper56 View Post
    Right here MITTS

http://www.rehvacsterling.com/produc...eaning-system/

Just click on the pdf for filling instructions.

Been thinking about either the MBK6 or just a small 2.5 or 5# tank, just bought the adapter to use my nitro regulator on Co2 tanks.

Are you using it as a purge gas and to pressure test new systems hvaclover?

I think johnstone has it on sale for like 179.00 or something like that right now.
    Yes I am using it to pressure test and as a braze purge.

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    It is in MS Excel format. Converted it to pdf. See below.........GF
    Thanks GF
    I was thinking of pressurizing a small hand pump sprayer with something like this. The co2 might get a cleaner to foam more too LOL
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Thanks for the reply. I learn something new every day...... guess I will be reading about BONE DRY CO2 this weekend.
    Rick

Im gonna hit up the welding stores around here, we have a ton of em.
    But i have a feeling I'm not gonna find a supplier of dry Co2.

But i was at the supply house today and he just got a little 5 lb tank with a handle that he set aside for me.
    Just gone use it for blowing out coils, drain and control panels on packaged units.

Question,

Even if the CO2 is BONE DRY, won't you still get acid if there is any moisture in the system ?
    Do you evac first to 500 microns to be sure of no moisture before adding the CO2 ?

Not trying to be a pain, just really trying to understand gas cost vs. extra time ( if needed ) of BD CO2 vs. N2. I know the N2 cost more than CO2 but will you save enough to pay for having second HP cylinder for CO2 ? Maybe you don't use N2 at all, so only one bottle ?

Rick

Gonna need a flow meter...gas does not control well off MBK6 valve Alone.

Quote Originally Posted by va-sawyer View Post
    Question,

Even if the CO2 is BONE DRY, won't you still get acid if there is any moisture in the system ?
    Do you evac first to 500 microns to be sure of no moisture before adding the CO2 ?

Not trying to be a pain, just really trying to understand gas cost vs. extra time ( if needed ) of BD CO2 vs. N2. I know the N2 cost more than CO2 but will you save enough to pay for having second HP cylinder for CO2 ? Maybe you don't use N2 at all, so only one bottle ?

Rick
    Read the past threads. I'm blue in the face from repetitive explanation.

Search doesn't get me much on the subject right now. Maybe once I am upgraded to pro.
    Rick

OK I picked up, that you were irked by my post. Since this thread I have been reading others and talking to other people and see that it is possible to use co2 in the state you are using it in. I have heard of people using co2 through my 32 yrs and thought they were using soda fountain stuff. Now as far as availability, our supply houses have an abundance of nitrogen and soda fountain co2 for clearing drains and blowing out coils etc. I will investigate availability of dry liquid co2. Also if a system is purged and leak tested with dry co2 and there were warranty issues (hypothetically speaking) you may have to prove you case for dry co2 as you are here because most IOM say to use dry nitrogen.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Quote Originally Posted by ckartson View Post
    OK I picked up, that you were irked by my post. Since this thread I have been reading others and talking to other people and see that it is possible to use co2 in the state you are using it in. I have heard of people using co2 through my 32 yrs and thought they were using soda fountain stuff. Now as far as availability, our supply houses have an abundance of nitrogen and soda fountain co2 for clearing drains and blowing out coils etc. I will investigate availability of dry liquid co2. Also if a system is purged and leak tested with dry co2 and there were warranty issues (hypothetically speaking) you may have to prove you case for dry co2 as you are here because most IOM say to use dry nitrogen.
    No warranty issues. Ask any comp mfgr about dry co2 they will endorse it.

Used to be common as Nitro is today.

hmmmm .. dry CO2 may be OK to pressure test with?
    been using CO2 as shielding gas for welding steel for years.

just scored one of these ... sure is a pita/$$ refilling small nitrogen tanks and getting not much capacity to boot.
    this tiny tank with CO2 has a 22cu ft capacity on top of being able to fill from a larger tank. making usage down right cheap.

been filling Co2 tanks for years with paintball and airguns. don't agree with how to fill instruction ... IMHO refilling needs a flex hose with target tank sitting on top of scales. to make sure weight does not exceed safe limits. CO2 tanks expand when heated. how much liquid CO2 inside tank determines safety at high temps.

Quote Originally Posted by cy View Post
    don't agree with how to fill instruction ... IMHO refilling needs a flex hose with target tank sitting on top of scales. to make sure weight does not exceed safe limits. CO2 tanks expand when heated. how much liquid CO2 inside tank determines safety at high temps.
    While I agree on principle, my experience in over a decade of refilling the smaller 1.25# RBK-6 mini tank, from a 20# cylinder I keep on my truck, is that the chances of over filling the tank are pretty much zero, unless you stick the smaller tank in the freezer for a couple of hours first.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I can tell you the boss is POed over his MBK 6,

The dnag thing leaks...at least the one he has. He had filled it over the fall and put it in the front seat of his truck and to day he checked it and it was empty. The 25 lb tanks we filled last year off the big tank are still full.

We are going to aluminum tanks to replace the MBK 6s,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast