Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dhh

My point about the larger size evap coil is a higher SEER rating. If you elect to go with Trane, then I suggest you follow up on this. Yes, the coil quoted is fine but does it provide the best efficiency.

Regardless of which manufacturer you select, you do not want a smaller rated blower paired with a larger AC condenser. And of course your ductwork must also be sized correctly for your new system.

My opinion.

Confused

OK, so the system is nearing completion. Contractor planning on doing final "walkthrough ("walkout"?) in two days.

Bryant 355AV042060 Plus 90I furnace with Bryant EAC and Bryant 165AAN036000 15SEER 3Ton AC.

I am totally paranoid about consulting this forum because invariably the feedback is in the form of "you messed up" or "be VERY careful about...". But I am addicted at this point. Otherwise, since it is all done I should just cover my eyes and move on.

All the discussion about airflow and duct sizing has got me very worried, but I don't know if I should be or not.

The contractor has done zero engineering that I can tell. The placement of all the components was strictly "where it would fit". The sizing of the ducting as strictly "this should be fine". Now that he's at the point of "balancing" system, I asked him about that.

His method is to hold his and hand up and feel the air coming out...

I asked him about the kinks, sags, and obvious "bunching up" on the flexible air ducting and he said "don't worry about it, it will all be fine, we'll probably have to reduce the air flow as it is anyway...of course based on his "hold his hand up to the air flow" methodology.

Should I run away screaming like a maniac and bury me head...or is it possible that I'm just being paranoid and "over engineering" things?

should I run away screaming like a maniac (after all this discussion of engineering the air flow)?

I

dhh

A very nice system if sized correctly. I would hope your install includes the "Evolution" controls.

Good Luck!

R Butler

I have a byrant unit and I need a control board for the condenser unit model #697ANO24-A and for the air handler model#FB4ANAO24. I need a price for both.

Quote Originally Posted by acbyj208 View Post
    bigger is not better. properly sized and properly installed is better. 80% of units in phx az are oversized. that keeps me in business. check out the nci website (national comfort institute) you would be amazed at what the truth is.
    Yeah ..Properly installed is more like it .. But assuming it is properly installed, sizing is the next most imortant. For example, If your in zone 2 with non low-e windows that face west and your a/c does not keep up, ( >+3) you should consider a larger unit or have a forward looking plan that includes minimizing infiltration

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    First, both brands, or all 3 whatever, have several grades. Be sure you are comparing like models. Builder, mid line and high end.

Carrier & Bryant are mechanically identical, cosmetically different. Trane has similar models & features but no way related to the others. We can debate for years on which is best.

You can look over your bids closely to see if all are doing the same. Lineset, disconnect, stat, etc. Post the model #s of what you are looking at and we can help tell you if you are comparing like machines.

http://www.johnmills.net/outdoorunits
    i will spare the debate, trane is the best
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by rbutler View Post
    I have a byrant unit and I need a control board for the condenser unit model #697ANO24-A and for the air handler model#FB4ANAO24. I need a price for both.
    Rotsa ruck.

AM

I Beg to Differ

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    i will spare the debate, trane is the best

We do both Carrier and Trane and the only thing nice about trane is the door. I see how they got their name due to sound. How come they don.t have ECM ventor motor.When are they switching to the 3.0 GE motor, I don't like controls on board. But more important then these manufactures is the Installing company and Thats what I would spend my money on.
    Do it right the first time.

Gee, a 3 year old thread!

Trane used to have the same ECM ventor as Bryant/Carrier. Too many problems! Got reliability the new way!

Searching Internet and found this thread

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Gee, a 3 year old thread!

Trane used to have the same ECM ventor as Bryant/Carrier. Too many problems! Got reliability the new way!

Wow! Whats the new way. They are loud and too expensive. I do like the doors.
    Do it right the first time.

Well since this post is old, and the original poster is probably enjoying his Bryant.
    So I would have to agree that Bryant was a very good choice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12