+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Trane boards into Webs AX

Post Likes

New Trane boards into Webs AX

I'm having some problems with a couple of Trane boards. They are a zn524v2 water source heat pump and Lcir in a Rtu. The problem is they will not commission. (There are about 18 vavs also on this trunk that I've had no problem with). I've discovered the devices brought them into the database and tried to commission but it fails. I've brought in several of both the devices mentioned on other jobs with no problems and other heat pump controllers on the same building system. Has anyone had this problem recently or any direction in this would help. Thanks

Post Likes
    Where all of these boards shipped INSTALLED in the equipment. I've had several problems lately with boards that warrenteed for one reason or another. The replacement usually comes with the default setup from the factory that is for FCUs, not heat pumps.
    Do you have the correct LNML file for these boards. That can be another problem and is usually the case if they do not commission. Get the latest xif files from http://trane.com/COMMERCIAL/DesignAn...spx?i=909&p=18 and convert to LNML and see how that works for you. Install the plug-ins and find the xif files.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Post Likes
    As far as the Lcir boards go, I've experienced this on my last 2 jobs. What I ended up doing was, after discovering them, and encountering their reluctance to commission, I opened their property sheet, went to Device Data and expanded it. There will be a window that will allow it to be toggled from Config Offline, to Config Online. Save it. At this point I was able to discover the points, create the graphic, bind, etc. Any further attempts to commission resulted in the fail routine again, and I had to toggle it back to Config Online. There have also been occasions where after doing a bind, the device would go into a Hard Offline, which then required another toggle to Config Online. I haven't been able to get an answer on this issue either. But everything is working.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    Where all of these boards shipped INSTALLED in the equipment. I've had several problems lately with boards that warrenteed for one reason or another. The replacement usually comes with the default setup from the factory that is for FCUs, not heat pumps.
    Do you have the correct LNML file for these boards. That can be another problem and is usually the case if they do not commission. Get the latest xif files from http://trane.com/COMMERCIAL/DesignAn...spx?i=909&p=18 and convert to LNML and see how that works for you. Install the plug-ins and find the xif files.
    Dapper, no these were replacement. The Zn heat pump would not seem to act right when we discovered it ( the first one with the problem). So we got another from Trane. It would not do right either. We also had an new Trane on a site that came with a modbus board. We replaced it with the Lcir. That's when we noticed the same thing would not commission and so on. We have hooked up with Rover 7.1 previously but to no avail.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gman994 View Post
    As far as the Lcir boards go, I've experienced this on my last 2 jobs. What I ended up doing was, after discovering them, and encountering their reluctance to commission, I opened their property sheet, went to Device Data and expanded it. There will be a window that will allow it to be toggled from Config Offline, to Config Online. Save it. At this point I was able to discover the points, create the graphic, bind, etc. Any further attempts to commission resulted in the fail routine again, and I had to toggle it back to Config Online. There have also been occasions where after doing a bind, the device would go into a Hard Offline, which then required another toggle to Config Online. I haven't been able to get an answer on this issue either. But everything is working.
    Yes gman994 we did the same thing, just left in the hard offline state. Wasn't sure how to handle that. We are going back to that site today. We will set it to config online. Have you noticed if it has come out of that state since you put it back to config online?

Post Likes

Check LON network connections

Quote Originally Posted by samwinter View Post
    We have hooked up with Rover 7.1 previously but to no avail.
    Do you have an issue finding these guys in Rover? Make sure DSN A is showing up in Rover. If you can't find the controllers in Rover than you either have a bunch of bad controllers or more likely a Lon network Issue. I had the exact same symtoms you had. I found that one bad Lon connection on a VV-550 controller were the installer made a crappy crimp on the spade lug. Corrected and everything popped right in after that.
    You can easily judge the character of a man
    by how he treats those who can do nothing for him
    -James D. Miles

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug-e-fresh View Post
    Do you have an issue finding these guys in Rover? Make sure DSN A is showing up in Rover. If you can't find the controllers in Rover than you either have a bunch of bad controllers or more likely a Lon network Issue. I had the exact same symtoms you had. I found that one bad Lon connection on a VV-550 controller were the installer made a crappy crimp on the spade lug. Corrected and everything popped right in after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug-e-fresh View Post
    No problem finding the devices and downloading config with Rover. It just didn't help when we discovered with Webs.
    ( sorry fat fingers on last reply)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    No, they will remain in the Config Online state. And, the nvi's and nvo's that I'm utilizing function as well. The only time they need to be retoggled to Config Online is if I perform a bind with one of their points.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in