Bryant vs Rheem / Ruud
    Planning to change 5 commercial roof top 5-ton units. How would you'll rate Bryant vs Rheem / Ruud. Am told that Bryant is better cause its made on the same line as Carrier. Please let me know as I have to decide in the next two days. Cheers.

In the past Rheem had lots of problems with their commercial line, as far as I know they corrected it all and the newest line is pretty good, Rheem has an awesome support, fair prices and they are trying really hard to get a chunk of the light commercial market. I would use Rheem.

Doing one soon as it shows up, replacing a little clunker Carrier with a shiny new Rheem Even up to 10 ton that I've worked on, they are just so simple compared to Bryant/Carrier.

I just priced rooftops today for a 150,000-7.5 ton and Rheem came in about $600 more that Lennox and Carrier.

Originally posted by big dave nek
    I just priced rooftops today for a 150,000-7.5 ton and Rheem came in about $600 more that Lennox and Carrier.
    I buy from this guys http://www.abrwholesalers.com/ nobody can beat their $$$.

thats cause it's better dave. seperate refrig circuts, hinged doors, the list goes on.... ps i may be a little biased
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

lennox L series is a very nice unit. did 8 of them beginning of may with curb adapters to replace old carrier units. just finished up 5 S series 3 ton units the other day. not as many bells and whistles as the L series but still a nice unit to work on.

I would go with the Bryant personally I have installed both the only reason being tech support is does change with distributor but I installed a rheem Residential Package unit had a compressor burn up two weeks after install could have been a fluke no biggie flushed the system with R-11 Flush and nitrogen, Suction and liquid line drier with acid away removed the suction line and changed the liquid line drier also pulled the unit down to a 500 micron vacuum both times and recharged with virgin refrigerant, replaced contactor and capacitor. Filled out a jobsite information sheet with SH and SC and sent it to rheem they signed off. 1 month later same problem repeated all steps along with changed the evap and condenser coil. Rheem tech man came out the the jobsite he approved again. 2 weeks afterward same thing happend so I requested a brand new unit I was informed that it wasnt there problem and they would only give me another compressor,evap coil, and condenser coil. I bought a bryant and re-installed still no problems. Rheem didnt back me up and left me hanging. So I cant support them.

Originally posted by ngore22
    I would go with the Bryant personally I have installed both the only reason being tech support is does change with distributor but I installed a rheem Residential Package unit had a compressor burn up two weeks after install could have been a fluke no biggie flushed the system with R-11 Flush and nitrogen, Suction and liquid line drier with acid away removed the suction line and changed the liquid line drier also pulled the unit down to a 500 micron vacuum both times and recharged with virgin refrigerant, replaced contactor and capacitor. Filled out a jobsite information sheet with SH and SC and sent it to rheem they signed off. 1 month later same problem repeated all steps along with changed the evap and condenser coil. Rheem tech man came out the the jobsite he approved again. 2 weeks afterward same thing happend so I requested a brand new unit I was informed that it wasnt there problem and they would only give me another compressor,evap coil, and condenser coil. I bought a bryant and re-installed still no problems. Rheem didnt back me up and left me hanging. So I cant support them.
    I ran out of R-11 a long time ago

Thanks!

Appreciate all the feedback. Anyone knows of a good place to buy Bryant. Thanks again.

Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by thebighowdy
    Appreciate all the feedback. Anyone knows of a good place to buy Bryant. Thanks again.

from your friendly neighborhood bryant dealer