New Guy Questions
    I started this week, at a great commercial HVAC company. The guys are great, and teaching me alot.

School will be in the picture soon, once I have a little bit of a better understanding of how things work, and go from there.

I was wondering what is a good way to better understanding schematic reading. I was wondering if there are books, or something that would help. How did everyone get to know how to read them?

Any info would be appreciated!

I went to school for HVACR and they touched on control wiring, following and drawing a ladder diagram. With that HVACR came 150 hrs of electrical code,I had a decent teacher who did more than just read out of a code book.
    I also took a motors and controls course that really focused on reading a print and applying it in the field.
    There are also some really good books out there that help with reading schematics and symbols. TPC training books are the first ones that come to my mind.
    But ultimatly the more you look the more you will understand.
    A flute with no hole is not a flute. A donut with no hole is a danish.

where can I get those TPC books?

I taled with a guy who attended several days of INTENSE training on Liebert Systems. This guy taught wiring diagram reading like no one else!

If you want more info, just post and I'll make a few phone calls.

What kind of info do you need? My name ? Address?

I kinda new here, so excuse me for not knowing what you need from my end.

I really appreciate you taking the time though.

once u can read a schematic you can do anything. Liebert units are serious units. lots opf controls and lots of wiring. schematics are pretty dimple its basically following a line with your finger and see what interrupts the line then trouble to see where the line is open. but for larger schematics just take your time and look at the legend and find what isnt being energized and work backwards and u should go to the school i'm going to. the school of hard knocks

here is one book to help you start by robert chatenever
    (understanding electricity and wire diagrams for hvac/r