Ronulans are in mourning

Ron Paul calls it quits

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insid...r_jim_galloway

Sorry fellers, but I told you he wouldn't be the nominee.

He never was running for president, he was just running for a bit of influence.

Crap, you fooled me again. I thought this thread was going to be about Donald Duck dieing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entert...mPU_story.html
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Yea, RIP Duck Dunn........Ron has been gone a long time already..........
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

I do not post at ARP much... because I end up in a squabble with liberals.

Just my from the article: Ron Paul has not quit the race... he is just not gonna spend a bunch of $$$ traveling to lots of places to campaign.

I think Ron Paul wants to influence the party platform at the convention, and I am for that. What I am NOT for is Ron Paul on the ticket... as I think Ross Perot in 1992 had a better chance of winning than Ron Paul does in 2012. Seems to me the only folks who think Ron Paul can win... are the folks who are looking through cap tubes...

And NO, I will not debate this further.

Hey Ken; enjoy the cruise!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Ron Pauls Congressional district is just down the road from me. He has great ideas on the Fed and on fiscal alternatives to what Washinfrons doing now but his foreign policy is nutty.

For that alone I wouldnt support him as a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    Ron Pauls Congressional district is just down the road from me. He has great ideas on the Fed and on fiscal alternatives to what Washinfrons doing now but his foreign policy is nutty.

I thoroughly agree... I just do not think he has a snowball's chance in h*ll of getting even 10% of the popular vote in Nov. We need to learn from 1992 that only the establishment candidates get elected.

Personally, I would like to see most of Ron Paul's ideas on the economy, the FED, Congress, shrinking govt, and some others passed into law.

BTW: I grew up in Houston, left in 1987. I KNOW Ron Paul, I worked on his campaign back when.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Right on!!

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I thoroughly agree... I just do not think he has a snowball's chance in h*ll of getting even 10% of the popular vote in Nov. We need to learn from 1992 that only the establishment candidates get elected.

Personally, I would like to see most of Ron Paul's ideas on the economy, the FED, Congress, shrinking govt, and some others passed into law.

BTW: I grew up in Houston, left in 1987. I KNOW Ron Paul, I worked on his campaign back when.
    Left in 1987 ? Its still hot and crowded and the population is increasing by the day.

They built a building around the Saturn 5 rocket at Johnsons Space Center and they cleaned up downtown.

Ron to Amerika,

"Thank you for all the support and especially all that cold hard cash.....again..., Be sure and save up plenty of money for next time"

Left in 1987 ? Its still hot and crowded and the population is increasing by the day.

They built a building around the Saturn 5 rocket at Johnsons Space Center and they cleaned up downtown.
    I remember the Saturn 5 rocket... had not seen the building around it. IMO the Johnson space center should have gotten a shuttle.

I was in and out of Houston (around a dozen round trips) in 2009, when my Dad spent most of the year in the hospital. I moved him to Atlanta in Feb of 2010, and in 2011 we cleaned out his house and sold it (in Spring Valley).

Houston has changed a bunch since I graduated from High school in the early 1970's... I was amazed at how different it was when I was down a few years ago. What I do NOT miss is the humidity... <grin> We have a little of it in Atlanta... but nowhere as severe.

What I do miss is driving to Galveston to surf fish. Used to do that at least once a month. Some folks do not like salt water catfish... I do. Used to bring home over 100 from a full day's fishing.

Enjoy the town for me... I may come down to visit again sometime.

Now retirement... may look at the hill country...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

To all those who say they like Ron Paul "except his foreign policy": What is so good about our current foreign policy that you like so much? Do we get any return on investment? Are we forever obligated to provide free security to Israel and South Korea? Do the military bases in Japan really make you feel safer? Would you donate your own money to keep them open if government funding was cut? I know you're afraid of terrorism (they've convinced the country there's a threat around every corner), but please think about this issue! Borrowing from China is the real national security risk!