Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WebCTRL edits applied to .equipment file?

When you make "on-line" edits to logic points in WebCTRL, is there a way to migrate the changes back to the .equipment file?

I think that the answer is no, but I figure it won't hurt too much to ask....

I have a .equipment file with 115 points in it, and I had modbus addressing errors in there. There's no global search/replace functionality in LogicBuilder (that I know of), and it's a real pain to change the addressing point by point in the .equipment file. But, in WebCTRL, there is global search/replace functionality, which let me fix all of my points. I tested my changes in WebCTRL, but then went and edited my points one by one in LogicBuilder. After I actually remembered to "Reset to Defaults", after reloading the control program, all was well.

Sure would be nice if there was a way to migrate those WebCTRL changes back to the .equipment file. (Or a way to do global search/replace in LogicBuilder)

You are correct in your answer. There is no way to edit the equipment file from within WebCTRL. I think this is more of a fail safe feature so when someone changes a few too many things you can reset it back to day one.

Although i have developed a few tools for logicbuilder, 1 of which is a find replace to save me time.

As far as I know, the only way to make changes to equipment files, or eikon files for that matter, is to use the drop down button "make equipment file" in eikon under the program button.

Eikon/FBPack tool

Quote Originally Posted by blabath View Post
    As far as I know, the only way to make changes to equipment files, or eikon files for that matter, is to use the drop down button "make equipment file" in eikon under the program button.
    Does anyone know where to get a copy of the FBPack tool to convert a .fb to a .eik in order to edit it with th eikon?

In our version it installs with eikon, it is in the eikon installation directory. C:\EIKON\Fbpack.exe
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

Do you know if there is a version of eikon that will run on a 64bit windows 7 pc?

Quote Originally Posted by bwhlar View Post
    Do you know if there is a version of eikon that will run on a 64bit windows 7 pc?
    No I don't. I can also tell you that it is especially picky about the video card driver inside a virtual machine. I had to browse some of the nastier sides of the internet to find a decent Windows 98 VMware image that it worked OK in. the ones I made myself with legitimate media just didn't work. you'll know when you have that problem because it has problems making the fb.

I have the fbpack tool but I am having trouble unpacking and locating the .eik out of the .fb file. can anyone help me with this step?

Run fbpack and use option U to unpack. It asks about a custom directory or I think you can specify too. The eik shows up in the directory the fb was in.
    Scott Jalbert

i got it, i was typing the filename with the .fb at the end and that was messing things up. thanks for all the help MaxBurn!

Once I have edited a .eik file and repacked it into an .fb I then converted it to a.equipment file and copied the files into the /m68 and /programs directories, however it does not update the view on the WebCNTRL interface. Any suggestions?

Did you reload definition for that equipment?
    Scott Jalbert

no I guess I have forgotten that step, where do I go to do that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast