+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SantaFe Advance problem

Post Likes

SantaFe Advance problem

It was 68F at 58%RH in my basement so I turned on my two year old SFA. I noticed the exhaust air was cool. Used a dual input thermometer which showed the exhaust only 5F higher.

I found a old post here that I measured 24F increase at 72F inlet temperature.

I have call to find their local suggested HVAC repair service. I know they don't make service service calls on these units which I guess is good as one saves that charge!
    Bill

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    It was 68F at 58%RH in my basement so I turned on my two year old SFA. I noticed the exhaust air was cool. Used a dual input thermometer which showed the exhaust only 5F higher.

I found a old post here that I measured 24F increase at 72F inlet temperature.

I have call to find their local suggested HVAC repair service. I know they don't make service service calls on these units which I guess is good as one saves that charge!
    Call 800 533 7533 ask for Justin Mundth for starters. I sounds like it is low on refrigerant or in the middle of a defrost cycle. Is it taking any water out? How much per hour?
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Call 800 533 7533 ask for Justin Mundth for starters. I sounds like it is low on refrigerant or in the middle of a defrost cycle. Is it taking any water out? How much per hour?
    Regards TB
    Since the exhaust air was so cool I didn't let it run thinking that it wasn't working. It's not in the defrost cycle because the compressor is running, I can tell it is from the amount of current the unit is drawing.

About two years ago when my first SFA died, the local HVAC service that was suggested by Therma-Stor said that these units were prone to leaks caused by vibration. He said that he was doing/adding something to them that he serviced and passed his suggestion along to Therma-Stor.
    Bill

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Regards TB
    I called him and couldn't be more satisfied.
    Last edited by Stamas; 05-15-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Needed emphasis.
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in