Goodman Air Handler help please

hello,
    I've got a Goodman Indoor Air Handler Model A61-15 s/n 9801408494, that I need some help with.

The History:
    We bought our house last Feb 2011, and noticed that the heater made a loud racket when turn on. So that late in the winter in FL we just forgot about it as other things had greater priority.

When I opened the air handler last month to see was the racked was I noticed that the center hub of the squirrel cage was broken off. I ordered a new one an installed that, and gave it a test run. The blower motor smoked and quit.

I ordered a new motor and capacitor, and installed those. Gave it a test run and the motor would run for about 15 - 20 seconds and quit. This cycle would repeat after a couple of minutes. The motor was very hot to the touch. The outside unit would run and did run even while the blower motor was cooling down to try the cycle again. All wires are ran according to the wiring diagram on the unit. The motor and capacitor are oem.

I am at a lost as to where to look or trouble shoot next. Any help? Suggestions?

This is not a DIY site, but you mite want to run it with that blower panel on not off!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

does the cage spin freely? is the motor mounted solidly? everything has to be centered and free from touching anything when the power is on...
    where did you get the parts for your furnace?
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Yes the cage spins freely and during the short run nothing is hitting or rubbing. The parts were order online.

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    This is not a DIY site, but you mite want to run it with that blower panel on not off!
    The panel was replaced prior to the test run

Quote Originally Posted by Ron1 View Post
    Yes the cage spins freely and during the short run nothing is hitting or rubbing. The parts were order online.
    You need to be calling the on-line site you got your parts from, I'm sure they will be glad to help!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

I have a hard time accepting it is wired correctly or if you are missing something else wrong in the AH if you have already smoked one motor and about to smoke the second. Calling in a pro that will warranty his work and the motor could save you some cash and a lot of headache.. and by the sound of it your house from burning down.

Hate to sound harsh but the rules won't allow DIY advice. At least have someone out to troubleshoot it for ya.
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

... which direction did you point the fins on the blower wheel? is the motor you installed reversible? which direction is it turning?
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman