Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 49

Thread: Yep, Im a sicko

  1. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Climate change is a cold hard fact.

    That it has happened many times throughout history is a cold hard fact.
    Yup.

    http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a...dd74ba3970d-pi
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,656
    Part of the problem is that there really is no "normal".

    Only the way things have been for a while now and what we've adapted to.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    I think that dude fron OZ has wandered into the wizards' castle and been brainwashed by his ilk. The Earth changes climates constantly. That's what climate is. Ever hear of the Ice Age? Weren't no SUV's around back then. It has been thru far worse than some cars and styrofoam....WAY worse. To say this present climate is the way it it supposed to be is ignorant. It has always been changing from warm to cold. It will change and do what it wants regardless of what we do. We couldn't cahnge it if we tried. Ever tried to stop a tornado? Much less predict one? We are just along for the ride. Check who's getting rich off all this B.S. and then talk to me.
    Sorry, it's nothing more than a political hoax. Put your time and energy into something that really might matter.....
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,527
    Ah yes, climate change. What the clever ba$tards have done is to identify climate change with environmentalists, hippies, 60's types, Sierra Club, and mostly anyone that is actually educated.
    I remember when educated types were looked upon with suspicion. Still are.
    So those that stand to gain the most by keeping things as they are poured enough money and propaganda into Americans brains that so many today choose to ignore all science and instead choose the Limpballs in the world to deal out truth.
    Crazy planet !Que No!
    Tracers work both ways.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,270
    I'll toss this out too; our children are being indoctrinated from day 1 in public education and are taught that GW is real and it continues through the day they graduate from higher education. Even then, the media tells them it's true in TV and movies. And, they are not taught the art of critical thinking. Without the ability of critical thinking they rely upon others to form and shape their views and beliefs. Is it their fault? I suppose not. They are victims.

    I listen to these young kid's and all they care about is the Ipads, Iphones and the latest app. Well, that and their brackets. Ask them about something that really affects them like SOPA or Cap and tax, all you get is a blank stare.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    At least she's hot though
    Paper or plastic? I'll take paper...........Maybe need 2.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Ah yes, climate change. What the clever ba$tards have done is to identify climate change with environmentalists, hippies, 60's types, Sierra Club, and mostly anyone that is actually educated.
    I remember when educated types were looked upon with suspicion. Still are.
    So those that stand to gain the most by keeping things as they are poured enough money and propaganda into Americans brains that so many today choose to ignore all science and instead choose the Limpballs in the world to deal out truth.
    Crazy planet !Que No!
    Always the same same argument....No argument. Science? Dude you're kidding, right? 5 Billion years vs. 100 years of man..... It's a joke, Al Gore is an idiot getting rich off you people. You think he has an electric car??? You seen where he lives.? Suckers, all of you. And you are gonna be paying for it along with your kids, and their kids, if they're allowed to have any.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,527
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Always the same same argument....No argument. Science? Dude you're kidding, right? 5 Billion years vs. 100 years of man..... It's a joke, Al Gore is an idiot getting rich off you people. You think he has an electric car??? You seen where he lives.? Suckers, all of you. And you are gonna be paying for it along with your kids, and their kids, if they're allowed to have any.


    No one is getting rich off me except maybe my ex.
    You don't need to go back 5 billion years, just to the last ice age.
    When Europians came to America they reported snow on the north side of trees in upstate NY in July. Things change.
    Most won't deny the science as it's fairly overwhelming, just the cause.
    Science, for the most part isn't conservative or liberal. There might be scientists that are politicking but most just do the science. Not the book writers the guysin the fielc conducting science. A curious lot.
    The struggle is if the warming is people caused or just a cycle. As warming occurs more co2 is liberated from oceans and lakes that's in solution. It might be ez to see spikes in co2 and point fingers w/o knowing for sure.
    People caused or no? The dilemma.
    I do know who not to listen to. Most corporations, politicians, radio nut jobs,
    preachers, right wingers, left wingers, bio fuel, solar, coal generation,and everyone else that has something to gain.
    You can choose to believe science or the other guys. Right now science is the only entity actually trying to collect actual evidence.
    Tracers work both ways.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    How many of these scientists have a vested interest in the GW phenomenon? I dare say most. How do you think they get their funding? If you know the history of the Earth, and how it was created, this is clearly a hoax intended to grab more control for the govt's of the world. We couldn't change climate if we had to. Believe what you want, but don't expect me to follow you blindly into their arms. I will live as I want. And I do.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,527
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    How many of these scientists have a vested interest in the GW phenomenon? I dare say most. How do you think they get their funding? If you know the history of the Earth, and how it was created, this is clearly a hoax intended to grab more control for the govt's of the world. We couldn't change climate if we had to. Believe what you want, but don't expect me to follow you blindly into their arms. I will live as I want. And I do.


    Sure, you can live as you want. I disagree with your statement that MOST scientists have a vested interest. Most are simply paid to do science. Funding comes from many places. When glaciers are seen disappearing at an alarming pace science wants to know why. As to changing what's happening, like you we might not be able to do much but the first question is why. GW is clearly no hoax. Even a limited investigation into the problem would show you that.
    Like the saying, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean your not being followed. Just because you mistrust some involved in the question of GW doesn't mean it's not happening.
    I suspect your mistrust has more to do with the well where you get your water than the science behind the question.
    As to "Blindly following into their arms" The blind ones are those that ignore the science.
    Tracers work both ways.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    Well, I respectfully disagree with "science" that is not a proven fact. It is but a theory. When the last ice age ended, there were no cars or coal plants running, yet it warmed anyway. And the planet is fine. I think the planetary history shows that things can and will change regardless of what some minute goings on happen on the surface. The planet may indeed be warming....that's what it does. Changes. Nothing we can do about it. We can't stop the sun, or rain, or wind, or any act of nature. How in the world can we affect the entire planet. Just seems ridiculous to me.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,527
    Most science is theory. The building you might be in right now was built on theory and very few laws. On GW much of the work is prediction not stopping the effect. Like you said what can be done?
    I think prediction might give us time to build a wall around southern Manhattan Island and probably some other things. I don't the island in the Pacific ( I forgot the name already) can be helped.
    I like science because I see scientist, especially those dealing with theoretical physics as the new high priests. The new shamans. Those that explains the unknowable. Something religion used to attempt but times have left them in the dust. Our belief system = speed of light, money, science.
    Tracers work both ways.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    I totally agree about the religion aspect. I think religion was brought about by trying to explain things primitive people had no idea about. But now is too ingrained (?) to be removed from most people.
    I doubt a wall around NY would do any good though as far as GW goes. Maybe on the southern border would time better spent, but that's another topic. I appreciate the debate, I just hate to see governments trying to exploit something for their own benefit without some kind of definite proof. Which is what I think they are doing. Thanx for the back & forth w/o getting nasty as most tend to do........
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event