Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Also it looks like the system was never commissioned. No test caps on the RTU or in the duct that I could see. I asked the property manager for the balance report but he had no idea.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Well I found that it is a duct restriction. Attachment 263131Attachment 263141
    Don't know if you can see it in the pic but when the blower starts up the return sucks in pretty good. I open up the filter cover and let it run on outside air and the freeze stops. I was told to do no more because this system is only a year old. It looks like a nice install but the return is only 20" round going to that plenum. Let the engineer figure it out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Numbers and physics never lie. Nice job.
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

a single 20" round on a 12.5 ton unit, you should have two and the OA minimum open a bit.

Also it looks like the system was never commissioned. No test caps on the RTU or in the duct that I could see. I asked the property manager for the balance report but he had no idea.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Sweet. Is that a new install ?

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

You guys are so smart.Great logical thinking.I learn a lot thanks.Great job on sticking with it qwerty!

Quote Originally Posted by Miller257 View Post
    a single 20" round on a 12.5 ton unit, you should have two and the OA minimum open a bit.
    OA is open at 5%. Funny thing is there is a damper on the return. You can see it where to 20" round ties into the return plenum. It's open but I have never seen a damper in the return except for a fire damper.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    Sweet. Is that a new install ?
    It was installed about a year ago. They have two units at the site. This serves the the showroom of the store. The one that serves the back room was undersized for heating so instead of fixing it they added electric heaters that hang for the ceiling.Way to save energy. This is a phone store so it has a lot of heat gain with all the lights and flat screens in it. Glad I did not design it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk

I've seen dampers on returns, usually on small office returns, never a big common return like that. I personally don't design systems with dampers in the returns. 5% seems a little shy, depending on you OA requirements, not sure what they are in NY. but a single 20" is not enough, need (2).

It was installed about a year ago. They have two units at the site. This serves the the showroom of the store. The one that serves the back room was undersized for heating so instead of fixing it they added electric heaters that hang for the ceiling.Way to save energy. This is a phone store so it has a lot of heat gain with all the lights and flat screens in it. Glad I did not design it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Its been running a while like that then . And they're just now starting to complain ? Is it a new customer ?

Hard ti beleive they havent been stuggling with this issue since day one.

Its been running a while like that then . And they're just now starting to complain ? Is it a new customer ?

Hard ti beleive they havent been stuggling with this issue since day one.
    Not sure what changed. We had a very hot summer last year. Not saying that's why it did not show up last year but could be a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk

Not sure what changed. We had a very hot summer last year. Not saying that's why it did not show up last year but could be a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Well good luck. If it was me I would walk away, wait for them to correct the issue and be prepared to re-adress the coil turning into a half block of ice.

I've lost count on how many of those Carriers with the crimped in fixed metering devices Ive wotked on.

They're the cheap bid I suppose because they litter the roof tops of Houston.
    Good thing is they're easy to repair.

Well good luck. If it was me I would walk away, wait for them to correct the issue and be prepared to re-adress the coil turning into a half block of ice.

I've lost count on how many of those Carriers with the crimped in fixed metering devices Ive wotked on.

They're the cheap bid I suppose because they litter the roof tops of Houston.
    Good thing is they're easy to repair.
    Well I would like to walk away but they are under contract. They are responsible for the duct work issue. We only take care of maintenance and repairs to the mechanical equipment. It does not cover existing issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast