Thread: Contractor / Supplier reliability

Post Likes
    IS this Normal?

Contractor A provides quote and I accept, he says " I'm busy, call me back in a couple weeks". So I call back and he promises to be out the next day. He doesn't show up or call. After a week trying to get hold of him, he again promises to come out but again never calls or shows up. This senario repeats itself 4 times over 6-7 weeks before finally I give up on him. He never did call me back. My guess is he is just too busy on higher paying jobs and doesn't want to tell me.

Contractor B is supposed to install furnace last Friday. At least he shows up and removes the old furnace but no new furnace as the supplier did not receive it even though it was promised to arrive on Thursday. Supplier promises furnace will arrive Monday AM. Guess who gets another call Monday AM? Same thing on Tuesday so now we are shooting for Wednesday.

Post Likes
    Could be. Also could be contractors making excuses. What is so special about the equipment you are having installed?
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    What sort of contract did you sign with these guys?

All of the ones I see have a start date, and substantially completed by date.

Just a wild guess on my part, but if these guys have sold people service contracts, those are going to come first.

Pulling the old furnace before they have the new one I don't really care for, kind of locks you in doesn't it.

Post Likes
    The contract contains a completion date of June 30 - 50% down and balance on fire-up. I know the contractor cannot control the supplier's delivery times. I guess I'm just frustrated after dealing with Contractor A. There no excuse for not even calling 4 times when appointments were scheduled.

Post Likes
    I'd give B a little more time. At least B took away the old furnace, a good sign. No remarks by B about bigger problems is also good news. B ordered the new furnace? I'm assuming B also didn't request any $ up front from you to order the new furnace? I'd try to wait it out a few more days if only to avoid the complaints from C about what B did to mess things up removing the old furnace making it harder (more cost to you) for C to do the job.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in